Hacking Can't use IOS Downgrader because of no network...any alternative m

lancelott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii the other day and I'm just trying to get Wii Backup Loader going. Here are some instructions I've found. My Wii's firmware is 3.3 and it's a USA one. I got the homebrew channel going and am basically just at step 7, but I can't use the IOS Downgrader because of a lack of network. Is there no other way to do it? Is using the downgrader vital to Gamma loader anyway? If not, how should I proceed?

Thanks.

Step 1 Lets assume you have already updated your Wii to the latest Firmware.
Step 2 Install the ‘Homebrew Channel’ onto your Wii if you dont have it already (see below)
Step 3 Put the contents of this zip onto your SD Card.
Step 4 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.
Step 5 Press ‘A’ on the WiiMote once. The Wii should detect a SD Card. Press ‘A’ again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card. Use the ‘D-Pad’ to select ‘IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad’.
Press the ’+’ to install the WAD. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.
Step 6 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Custom WM’. Now using the same method as in ‘Step 5’, install the ‘cios_fix.wad’. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.
Step 7 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.
Step 8 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Install Shop IOS51’. Say ‘Yes’ to installing the ‘IOS51’ and ‘Yes’ to patching a fix but ‘No’ to the ‘Wii Shop Channel’
(it shouldn’t matter if you install but it won’t make any difference).
Step 9 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.
Step 10 Now you should be able to install WADs. Try installing the ‘WAD MANAGER V3.wad’ (use this channel to install any WADs in the furture) and ‘Wii Gator.wad’.
Other apps should also work as well such as ‘AnyRegion Changer’.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is possible, you have to find all the files manually and install them yourself (google) As you are 3.3, you might not need downgrader, try the other steps and see if they work. You can skip step 8.

lancelott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading the FAQ after I tried SMG and got a black screen with errors...

Q : Can i install this on version 3.3 or 3.4 ?
A : Technically yes , but you have to downgrade to version 3.2 first using the supplied guide in my signature.

So it looks like I have to downgrade?

I couldn't find out how to do it without network w/ google. I'm very new to the wii scene. Could someone with more experience help me with this?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lancelott said:

A : Technically yes , but you have to downgrade to version 3.2 first using the supplied guide in my signature.

I couldn't find out how to do it without network w/ google. I'm very new to the wii scene. Could someone with more experience help me with this?

Thats guides wrong, you dont have to downgrade from 3.3 (you do from 3.4) Problem is there are 2 different 3.3s, and only 1 willl work without downgrading ios's.

lancelott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
lancelott said:

Thats guides wrong, you dont have to downgrade from 3.3 (you do from 3.4) Problem is there are 2 different 3.3s, and only 1 willl work without downgrading ios's.
How do I tell which one I have?

And why do I get a black screen in Super Mario Galaxy when I try to boot it? It's on a 16x Imation disc that I burned at 16x. I am using the Gamma Channel to launch it.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Seems like a media issue to me,try to burn your dvd at lower speed.
I use Verbatim DVD-R and burning with ImageBurn at 2x, no problem for now.

lancelott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burnt it at 2X and it just stayed indefinitely at a black screen without doing anything. It kept clicking and occasionally blue'ing up the disc drive, but it didn't make any progress whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello