Can't update or downgrade even though I have CFW.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DemonFox86, Nov 6, 2009.

1. DemonFox86
    OP

Newcomer DemonFox86 Newbie

Germany
    I think one of my flash drives is kind of borked.
    I have Gen-B 2 and tried to update to Gen-D but when I tried the update I only got a black screen and nothing happens. After that I tried to go to Gen-C first but the same problem happened.
    I thought that may be my Gen-B had a problem and tried to downgrade to M-33 with Hellcats programm but when I tried it, I get a lot of errors saying there's a problem with the flash drives and nand update.prx error or something like that.
    But I the PSP works perfectly except that. Games, Homebrew etc has no problems.

2. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Maybe try disabling all plugins before running the gen-d update

3. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Yup, sounds like something in one of your flashes is corrupt. Sounds like you're gonna have to Pandora your PSP and re-install M33, then upgrade to GEN-D, and then D2. If Pandoraing your PSP doesn't work, you could have a corrupted flash. In which case, your PSP's screwed.

EDIT: Or try the simple fix first, get a different version of Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. You could have a bad download.

4. DemonFox86
    OP

Germany
    Thanks for the help. I already disabled all plugins and I tried 2 different versions of Hellcats programm.
    Guess I have to pandora my PSP then. But is it even possible with just one Battery ? Can you turn it back to normal after i used it, without another one ?

5. Jay Boy

Member Jay Boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yeah, you can turn softmodded pandora batts back to normal ones. Hell, you can even turn hardmodded ones back by pencilling!

6. DemonFox86
    OP

Germany
    Alright ! I'll do that. Thanks for the help guys.