Hacking Can't update emuNAND - Gateway 3DS

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he updated from eshop's update prompt, not from a cartridge.
It will probably be the same as it happens in the System menu, but I'll still wait for a confirmation.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
he updated from eshop's update prompt, not from a cartridge.
It will probably be the same as it happens in the System menu, but I'll still wait for a confirmation.

No, he updated via cartridge, then he tried to enter to the eShop, but since the eShop updates are not available in update partitions he was prompted to update, and somehow the update went wrong.

Anyways, it's not like it's a good idea, but it's possible.
---
I forgot that it doesn't exist a game bounded with the 6.3 firmware yet, so there was more than one reason to get an update prompt.

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he updated via cartridge, then he tried to enter to the eShop, but since the eShop updates are not available in update partitions he was prompted to update, and somehow the update went wrong.

I do apologize for not following correctly, I just sat down from an intense powerwalk, Due to all that's happened regarding that, what's this mean for my case? Am I destined to wait till they release a 7.0 patch or can I update via zelda cart or what should I do? (Stuck on 4.5)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do apologize for not following correctly, I just sat down from an intense powerwalk, Due to all that's happened regarding that, what's this mean for my case? Am I destined to wait till they release a 7.0 patch or can I update via zelda cart or what should I do? (Stuck on 4.5)

Don't update via cart, it's risky; your only solution is waiting for a test of the new firmware.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Aww :( That sucks, god dammit.. Of course it had to come on the damn day they were updating.

Question: Is your 3DS new or you kept it offline this whole time? Because if you actually left it in sleep mode with internet connection, the update must be stored on the NAND of the 3DS, so you could update right now to 6.3.

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is your 3DS new or you kept it offline this whole time? Because if you actually left it in sleep mode with internet connection, the update must be stored on the NAND of the 3DS, so you could update right now to 6.3.

My 3DS is new and it's had its wifi disabled since I got it. Though i've kept it on whle trying various different ways to update it.

but before today I don't think I left it on long enough to get 6.3..

How would I check? (Also thanks for all the help)

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
And the version is irrelevant, i got 2 3DS 1x 4.4 1x 4.1 , EmuNAND runs fine on both, but updating from a cart is pointless, as Eshop will still ask for an update and update the SystemNAND, not the EmuNAND

My 3DS is new and it's had its wifi disabled since I got it. Though i've kept it on whle trying various different ways to update it.

but before today I don't think I left it on long enough to get 6.3..

How would I check? (Also thanks for all the help)

You would get a prompt daily to update

Reactions: tyons

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the version is irrelevant, i got 2 3DS 1x 4.4 1x 4.1 , EmuNAND runs fine on both

You would get a prompt daily to update

Ah, yeah.. I guess I don't have it, oh well guess i'm destined to wait till a 7.0 update comes out from gateway in a few months.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Chances are, if not alot changes, they wont need alot of time to port the patches required to the newest version, and even then, aslong as nothing is added to try and block the redirection etc, we should still have a classic mode in latest FW

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are, if not alot changes, they wont need alot of time to port the patches required to the newest version, and even then, aslong as nothing is added to try and block the redirection etc, we should still have a classic mode in latest FW

What's the difference in having a classic mode without a gateway mode? isn't that just the same as having no gateway and just running a ds regularly? (Sorry, if it's a stupid question)

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you ever manage to update fully to 6.3 today? and if so how long ago was it?

It was about 15 minutes ago and on my third try I didn't get the update error until the update bar filled 95%. So I didn't end up getting the update, and now I can't replicate that update.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
when its down for maintainance, this includes the update server etc, should be back online in 3 1/2 hours, you wont be able to update till then and it will more than likely be 7.x

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was about 15 minutes ago and on my third try I didn't get the update error until the update bar filled 95%. So I didn't end up getting the update, and now I can't replicate that update.

Yeah I have decided to stop trying incase I accidentally update to 7.0, I'd advise the same for you.

Looks liek we're stuck in this together :D

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I have decided to stop trying incase I accidentally update to 7.0, I'd advise the same for you.

Looks liek we're stuck in this together :D

Yep, hopefully Gateway can figure out a way to get the 7.0 update (or whatever version it will actually be) to work with emuNAND. I was so close :(

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You wont accidentally update, you will just continue to get errors until Maintenance is complete, if a new version is incoming, would be pointless to keep update server online, when hours later you will need to update again

Reactions: heartgold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30