Can't turn on modded Switch after updating Atmosphere and Hekate

se9n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi guys! I updated my Switch to 17.0.0 on accident, which made me update Atmosphere and Hekate by default afterwards.

However, after I finished everything I was gonna boot it up but the screen remained black.

Here's what I did and what's noteworthy:

-The sysNAND is the only NAND that i accidentally updated (emuNAND and stock OS are not)
-I had autoRCM turned on before I updated (I've read a couple threads and some say that it might be a culprit)
-I already tried deleting the atmosphere and bootloader folder and replacing them with the ones that came with the update
-I already tried holding the POWER button down for 15 seconds and then once more without any sd card or game inside.
-If I run TegraRcmGUI with my switch turned on, no RCM device is detected. I already updated the USB drivers too.

I'm a little scared and if somebody is able to maybe give me a solution or at least steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! ^^ Thanks in advance!

Reactions: delta6657

DecoTheEpicGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, to enter RCM, you need to enter your jig and do the following

Hold + from the Volume buttons and press the POWER button, if the Screen remains black with no backlight, you will be able to inject a payload, if it did not work, your cable might be defective.

If it did work, you need to restore a NAND backup (if you have one), if you dont have one, then make a backup, and restore a new one downloaded online, im not sure if this is considered Piracy or not.

Also, i recommend to test your possibly broken NAND in a emulator (ex. Yusu) to ensure if it is actually bricked or not.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys! I updated my Switch to 17.0.0 on accident, which made me update Atmosphere and Hekate by default afterwards.

However, after I finished everything I was gonna boot it up but the screen remained black.

Here's what I did and what's noteworthy:

-The sysNAND is the only NAND that i accidentally updated (emuNAND and stock OS are not)
-I had autoRCM turned on before I updated (I've read a couple threads and some say that it might be a culprit)
-I already tried deleting the atmosphere and bootloader folder and replacing them with the ones that came with the update
-I already tried holding the POWER button down for 15 seconds and then once more without any sd card or game inside.
-If I run TegraRcmGUI with my switch turned on, no RCM device is detected. I already updated the USB drivers too.

I'm a little scared and if somebody is able to maybe give me a solution or at least steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! ^^ Thanks in advance!
Seems like AutoRCM might be turned off, use a jig to get into RCM mode.
Also possible the cable you are using is bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1