Hacking Can't set up iEDGE

PKGTR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried setting up my iEDGE for my DS Lite but just can't do it. I formatted the SD card, downloaded all the files necessary to set it up and bootstrapped the card. Then when I load it to my DS it gives me 2 white screens. I wait for the flashing to stop and then turn off my DS once it's done. I put the new files on the card ( I've also tried deleting and not deleting update.bin ) and load it. It still continues to give me the white screens. What should I do?

More info - I have never seen anything but the white screens, the card is second hand, I've turned off the DS once when it was flashing but still saw a white screen before that.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
did you bootstrap with the correct rom? And make sure to apply the bootstrap before loading anything else on the card? Also if that doesn't work try formatting with panasonic sd card formatter and try the whole process over again.

When it's finished flashing the update.bin erases itself automatically...so if it's still there then it didn't flash correctly.

BTW: I don't know why anyone buys the iEDGE since the m3i zero is only like $2 more and it has a lot better support and it's easier to work with.

PKGTR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried two different copies of 0363, no luck. I always format it with the TF flash given with the iEDGE. I've tried every possible way of trying to flash the card. Starting the DS in auto and manual and not touching anything and later just touching the health message and still nothing. The pupdate.bin always stays in the MicroSD and doesn't delete itself. I've even contacted customer support and went by their steps, still no luck.

flashgib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I had a similar experience today when I got my new iedge card. I eventually spotted the card was from a fake site and I needed to download its software NOT the legit iedge software. Once I had that sorted it all worked. The card seems to work as advertised but I don't know if there will be support issues in the future. I am trying to find the best place to buy another legit one. There is lots of help on these forums.

To see if you have legit card look on the back of the strange triangle box it came in. What website does it refer you to?

If it is this one (mine was) http://www.edgei-ds.cn/ its a fake

If you are lucky its this one http://www.edge-ds.cn/ and then you are good to go. But in that case I cant help your white screen issue....sorry!

splott

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded the edge bootstrap and OS from edgei.

Bought the iedge from a sensible source (same place I got an R4 in the past), found the 0363, ran the bootstrap from edge and unpacked the OS rar from the edgei and then you have to put all the os files and folders onto the SD card. The edge instructions only tell you to place the .dat file on which doesn't seem to be right as mine kept saying system file missing. Put all of the files and the folder and it came to life.

loaded it up and it works a treat on my DSi XL.

I used a Samsung SD adapter, no problem - but probably keep the variables to a minimum - agree, use the one that comes with the card!

Maybe I should have got an M3i instead, but this one works. As for white screens and second hand cards I'd say maybe the bloke who sold it had a little problem too. Moral of the story - see it working before you buy it. These things are not expensive though, £12.50 for an R4 and £16.00 for an R4i or iedge with a 2Gb micro SD delivered. You spend more than that on mars bars.

happy days

piercedb0i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my iEdge today. I have a DS Lite and have been messing with it for 30 minutes now. My problem was the bootstrapper itself kept saying error locking drive. After some looking though I realized I had the sd card directory open. Al I had to do was close that and it worked. If it doesn't look like a strobe light blinking for 5 or so seconds it's probably not going to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?