OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i try to follow the procedure "homebrew launcher (soundhax)".
The firmware version of my old 3ds is 11.0.0-6E.
But when i try to select the correct OtherApp payload file from https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp i can't select the right firmware. The lowest selectable character is a 7!

What to do now?
Anyone a suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by RocketRon,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are following 3ds.guide, did you perhaps read the little note about Soundhax and cart updates?

"Note that Cart Updates will only deliver updates to core features, such as the System Settings, Home Menu, etc. Cart Updates will not deliver updates to Nintendo 3DS Sound and Network features, such as System Transfer, Internet Browser, StreetPass Mii Plaza, or eShop.

This means that using a Cart Update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<3.0.0) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!"

From the looks of it, you cart-updated from 3.0.0-6 with a game (most likely Sun/Moon) and therefore, you can no longer use Soundhax. Please see the alternative method link above for alternative methods for accessing the Homebrew Launcher.

And if I'm wrong on this, someone will correct me on it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

RocketRon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you are following 3ds.guide, did you perhaps read the little note about Soundhax and cart updates?

"Note that Cart Updates will only deliver updates to core features, such as the System Settings, Home Menu, etc. Cart Updates will not deliver updates to Nintendo 3DS Sound and Network features, such as System Transfer, Internet Browser, StreetPass Mii Plaza, or eShop.

This means that using a Cart Update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<3.0.0) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!"

From the looks of it, you cart-updated from 3.0.0-6 with a game (most likely Sun/Moon) and therefore, you can no longer use Soundhax. Please see the alternative method link above for alternative methods for accessing the Homebrew Launcher.

And if I'm wrong on this, someone will correct me on it.

Thanks for the fast reply. Did read it but didn't understand :) Now i do :P
I will follow the suggested method. Thanks again!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.