Homebrew Question "Cant read gamecard" error FW 11.0.1

Luigi10392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to OFW to 11.0.1 and it says "Gamecard cannot be read" "Re insert it and try again" obviously reinserting it doesnt work but is this just a CFW problem becuase I have the up to date Atmosphere 0.16.1 on my SD card. Why cant the gamecard be read

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I updated to OFW to 11.0.1 and it says "Gamecard cannot be read" "Re insert it and try again" obviously reinserting it doesnt work but is this just a CFW problem becuase I have the up to date Atmosphere 0.16.1 on my SD card. Why cant the gamecard be read
It's not a problem, just reading Atmosphere docs would clear that out for you.
With 11.0.0 you need to update gamecard slot and Atmosphere blocks gamecard slot updates by default because once updated cannot be downgraded.

Just add
Code:
nogc = 0
to BCT.ini and update will be passed.
Or just run OFW once.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: nomadic69

Luigi10392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 11.0.0 you need to update gamecard slot and Atmosphere blocks gamecard slot updates by default because once updated cannot be downgraded.

Just add
Code:
nogc = 0
Or just run OFW once.
So just boot my switch without CFW to get it to work becuase i set nogc=0 and that didn't work

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just add
Code:
nogc = 0
Or just run OFW once.
what do you mean update will be passed? the gamecard slot will be updated?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
and what the implications of updating the gamecard slot?
You cannot use it anymore on firmware below supported ones by gamecard slot firmware (so if you are on 11.0.0+, after updating card slot you won't be able to use it below 11.0.0). This is something worth noting for someone using emummc that preferes to use gamecards on sysmmc.

Reactions: kisamesama

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot use it anymore on firmware below supported ones by gamecard slot firmware (so if you are on 11.0.0+, after updating card slot you won't be able to use it below 11.0.0). This is something worth noting for someone using emummc that preferes to use gamecards on sysmmc.
ok I won't update the gamecard slot for now then. is it possible to disable the popup error that appears on emuMMC?

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ok. I will just remove the gamecard not a big deal.

My third party joycons seem to be acting funky since the firmware update; is that possible?
when detached, left joycon is detected as a sideway controller which is ok but trying to get the right joycon detected is a pain and when it gets detected is it detected as right part controller (not sideway controller) and it acts as if their is a left part connected when the left part is in sideway mode... it messes everything up.

can the firmware cause this? if yes, can I downgrade the firmware? I wanted to update the firmware just to play the latest games like crash bandicoot 4

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ok. I will just remove the gamecard not a big deal.

My third party joycons seem to be acting funky since the firmware update; is that possible?
when detached, left joycon is detected as a sideway controller which is ok but trying to get the right joycon detected is a pain and when it gets detected is it detected as right part controller (not sideway controller) and it acts as if their is a left part connected when the left part is in sideway mode... it messes everything up.

can the firmware cause this? if yes, can I downgrade the firmware? I wanted to update the firmware just to play the latest games like crash bandicoot 4
Well third-party anything never guarantees quality so you have to factor that in. Its at least more likely than the firmware causing the issue. Downgrading should only be reserved for when CFW and/or homebrew do not support the latest firmware.

bingkird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know 12.0 was out, and I updated my sysMMC. Now that's broken until Atmosphere puts out an update

I don't have anything installed yet; it's a fresh SDcard. But I then manually updated from 9 to 11.0.1 on my emummc, and my cardslot doesn't work. Without anything installed and not able to use the gamecard, am I just screwed?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know 12.0 was out, and I updated my sysMMC. Now that's broken until Atmosphere puts out an update

I don't have anything installed yet; it's a fresh SDcard. But I then manually updated from 9 to 11.0.1 on my emummc, and my cardslot doesn't work. Without anything installed and not able to use the gamecard, am I just screwed?
New atmosphere is out, so you can update your emummc to 12.0 now too.

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just add
Code:
nogc = 0
Or just run OFW once.
it worked for me thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr