Can't Multicard Play on Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by awesomeidiot, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009
  1. awesomeidiot
    OP

Newcomer awesomeidiot Newbie

Australia
    This might be a nooby question and one that has already been answered (i checked, but no clear answers) but plz dont flame me. [​IMG]
    I got an Acekard 2i with AKAIO and the latest loader on a DSi
    I was going to play GTA : Chinatown Wars with a friend who had the original cartridge.
    I hosted first but he could not find a game to connect to. The wireless communications (yellow) light never flashed during this.
    Then he hosted but i could not find a game to connect to. once again, the communications light did not flash.
    Basically, the wireless communications were not working even though it was turned on at the DSi menu. This has not happened in another game.
    I've played Multiplayer Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros. etc and had no problems.
    Has this happened to anyone else, and what is causing it?

2. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is an option in the ROM Settings menu to turn on download play fix.

3. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    This happened to me as well. From the release of GTA i have never been able to play it in mulitplayer, not even on my R4i. I've also got an ak2i now, and it still doesn't work. I don't know what the problem is, but i would like a fix as well.

4. awesomeidiot
    OP

Australia
    Yeh I already have it on. And i dont think download play affects it because it is card->card rather than card->no card. Thanks for the suggestion though [​IMG]
    another thing id like to mention is, once you enter the multicard play menu, it is impossible to go back to the main menu (clicking exit or the back arrow does nothing). the games not frozen however

5. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Try to dl another version - must be fixed fixed, or if you use AKAIO FW, dl original ROM file without fixing. Maybe this helps you to play CARD - CARD game [​IMG]

Only fixed game has wifi trouble, fixed fixed game has no issue with wifi (works), and original ROM works great without any trouble...

6. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    GTA wi-fi doesn't work on Acekard 2/Akaio, or so I've read a while ago in another topic.

7. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Maybe, but Ive read in another forum, that there are two fixed versions, one fix gameplay, and another (which I called fixed fixed) that fix wifi playing... so... why not to test... [​IMG]

8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    GTA Chinatown Wars multiplayer doesnt work on AKAIO. But it does work on the original Acekard firmware.

Download this.
    http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_41...730_release.zip
    Go to AIO folder in ur MicroSD and put the akmenu4.nds into the ak2loader folder. Then go to your Acekard 2i and press Y on GTA and select Akmenu4 loader. And it will work.

Normmatt can't fix it yet I guess. But good thing official team fixed it.

9. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    OK, this doesn't fix the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection problem I seem to have... Go to laptop in hq, click to synchronize, the green light never flashes and the game gets nowhere. Any ideas for that?

10. awesomeidiot
    OP

Australia
    I know it's been a while but thanks for all your help everyone. I finally got it to work [​IMG]