Android Can't login to Android device manager without SMS code

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When my cousin hide my phone trying to get me angry, I laughed at him since supposedly I could just login in the Google account and ring my phone..
However it failed because Google asked me to get the SMS code which was inside the "lost phone"

So this scared me.. What if I loose my phone In a shop or something and I can't simple login and see where Is it..
I dont own any other number..
So either I am missing something or isn't there a way to use my number for account recovery and still use android device manager without the need of get the sms code?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Did it ask for an 8 digit code? If so, it sounds like wherever you signed in to your Google account wasn't recognized as a commonly used device for your account. Usually if you're signing in to a device that's unknown, Google will send a verification code to your phone first. In that case, it's a little dumb.

Also, I'm fairly certain you have to install the app associated with Android Device Manager before you could use it anyways, since it requires the app to have access to your device.

EDIT: Nevermind on that, forgot it was integrated into Android a while ago lol

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Did it ask for an 8 digit code? If so, it sounds like wherever you signed in to your Google account wasn't recognized as a commonly used device for your account. Usually if you're signing in to a device that's unknown, Google will send a verification code to your phone first. In that case, it's a little dumb.

Also, I'm fairly certain you have to install the app associated with Android Device Manager before you could use it anyways, since it requires the app to have access to your device.

EDIT: Nevermind on that, forgot it was integrated into Android a while ago lol

i don't kite remember how many digits it had, i ignored the sms since i didn't needed to "recover my phone" anymore and there was no need to login (cuz my cousin gave my phone back)
thats what i mean, it's dumb that i need my phone to check the code when i am trying to recover it..
if someday i really loose my phone is when i am outside.. like in a caffee or something..
if i lost my phone my first instict is to reach as fast as possible a device like a friend's phone or a place where i can go into the internet.. login in the google page and check where is my phone..
with this setup, and since this phone is the only mobile device that i own, i currently have to drive back home, get in my computer check where i lost the phone and go back to the place where i was before, it's silly..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT