Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to make USB-loader config to boot directly from powering on my Wii

I have bootmii as boot2, phpgeek's preloader 3.0 rev 4, USBloader config v46.
I am using Narolez' forwarder dol for preloader from USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder. I also installed the forwarder channel from that package
I am on system menu 4.1E with cios rev 14 and hermes installed.

When I press (1) in the preloader load/install file screen, USB-loader loads nicely.
However if I press A to installed it and then go back to the preloader main menu and load the installed file I get a blackscreen with Exception (DSI) occured etc.
When I set preloader to autoboot to the installed file, I don't get the eror message, but a black screen instead.

Any idea's?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same issue here using priiloader v0.2 r30 instead of preloader.

Also, if I autoboot directly to the cfg50_fat.dol, it appears to load fine at first, but it has graphical issues when it loads the theme.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Preloader 0.30 has issues autobooting the CFG USB loader (bug in preloader I think).
The only way to get this working currently without issues is downgrading to preloader 0.29 (as I did myself).

BTW: 0.29 is much more stable anyway then 0.30 and above versions

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just grab a forwarder that is compiled to work with preloader and that loader. you need to take into account the size and entryoint of each app (preloader, the forwarder, and the USB loader). i know preloader 0.30 and all variations of it use 0x81000000. i made a forwarder for GX that uses 0x8000d000 and it goes fine with all the newer preloader variations. you will just need to see where CFG loader starts and then do some subtracting to find a spot in memory that is big enough for a forwarder and doesnt intersect with either app.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiuser2 said:
Preloader 0.30 has issues autobooting the CFG USB loader (bug in preloader I think).
The only way to get this working currently without issues is downgrading to preloader 0.29 (as I did myself).

BTW: 0.29 is much more stable anyway then 0.30 and above versions

Got it working this way, but I still see graphical issues with my theme when booting for the first time, as I did when using the loader.dol directly. Hitting the home button to exit the loader (which brings it immediately back to the loader this way) will make it display fine (and it also displays correctly when launched directly from the homebrew channel. But the display issues happen every time that I turn the Wii off entirely and then turn it back on. It works fine booting out of standby.

QUOTE(giantpune @ Dec 17 2009, 04:16 AM) just grab a forwarder that is compiled to work with preloader and that loader.

The forwarder IS compiled to work with Preloader and CFG loader.

Anyway I hope the forwarder gets updated for .30 / Priiloader, because I'd prefer to not need to patch my IOS70.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night