Can't load saved games in gpsp?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VIStrings, Feb 6, 2012.

Feb 6, 2012
  1. VIStrings
    OP

Newcomer VIStrings Member

Portugal
    I got UO gpsp kai 3.4 test 3 yesterday (it was the first GBA emulator I found that I could boot correctly), started playing a few Japanese roms, saved properly in-game, turned the PSP off. Today I pick it back up, my save data is gone and I only get the option to start a new game on both games I'd played. (FFVI and Shingata Medarot).

The save states work just fine, but I'd rather use the in-game saves. Anyone have any idea why it's doing this? I tried googling but everything I find pertains to VBA->gpsp save transfer.

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Are you exiting gpSP kai properly (as in, bringing the menu up and selecting "exit gpSP")? I use gpSP-J (not kai), so it might be slightly different, but in the emulator options, there should be one that says "Update backup" and you can either set it to "AUTO" (automatically updates the save when you save it in-game) or "Exit Only" (the save is only updated when you exit gpSP by selecting "exit gpSP").

If you're shutting your psp off without exiting with "exit gpSP" your save won't be saved. You can set it to AUTO in order to make gpSP save immediately after saving in-game. AUTO takes more time during the saving process though.

2 people like this.
  3. VIStrings
    OP

Newcomer VIStrings Member

Portugal
    That was the problem indeed. Completely fixed now. I set it to auto, just in case.

ありがとうございました!