Gaming Cant load my backedup pokemon platinum save

MasterVampire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

So a while ago I had to clear some games off my DS memory card to make room for some new roms.

Now I want to go back and pick up where I left off in Pokemon Platinum but when I have copied it back onto my card (the .nds file, the .sav file and this .opt file) and then goto play the game it wont load my save file, insted it will just start a new game.

I have tried playing for a few minutes, creating a new save and then turning it off and deleting the newest .sav and copied my old one back over but its the sam as before! Insted of loading it the game will just start a new one.

How can I get it to load my old save as i dont want to loose all my progress!

I tried testing with No$gba emulator but its the same, it just wont load my previous sav file and will just create a new one!

Any help would be great thanks

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It appears that the save and the ROM's name are mismatched. The ROM and the save file must be saved under the same name. Check the settings of your card aswell to make sure that the save file extension is either .sav or .nds.sav and re-name the set.

Example:

Pokemon_Platinum.nds
Pokemon_Platinum.sav

or

Pokemon_Platinum.nds
Pokemon_Platinum.nds.sav

MasterVampire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is ive checked and they are the same name
unsure.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Same Region aswell? Can you open the .sav with PokeSav?

First and foremost you have to make sure it's not corrupt. If PokeSav reads it, save it as a new file and use that one.

MasterVampire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed that my backed up sav file is only 152kb and when it re-creates a new sav over the top of it when trying to play, that new sav file is 512kb...

Does this mean anything?

MasterVampire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually i think its screwed.

Pokesav couldnt open it (wrong file type error) and when i tried a much older sav file that was 512kb it worked but ive now lost like 15 hours
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ