Hacking Can't launch GW profile hack

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine is having issues with launching the gateway profile hack. Every time he reapplies the profile hack via the blue card, then after going home and into the DS profile to activate the hack, it just goes into the profile as if the profile hack was never applied.

Things we have tried thus far:
A different sd card with no emunand
System memory format/reset
recopying over the launcher.dat and the gateway.3ds file
roms are loading fine from the blue card

I am going round there tomorrow to try applying the hack with my blue card.
I’m out of ideas except maybe trying to re update his DS to 4.5. However we can’t test it till later today.

Would appreciate any other suggestions of things we could also try

is weird as fuck.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
A friend of mine is having issues with launching the gateway profile hack. Every time he reapplies the profile hack via the blue card, then after going home and into the DS profile to activate the hack, it just goes into the profile as if the profile hack was never applied.

Things we have tried thus far:
A different sd card with no emunand
System memory format/reset
recopying over the launcher.dat and the gateway.3ds file
roms are loading fine from the blue card

I am going round there tomorrow to try applying the hack with my blue card.
I’m out of ideas except maybe trying to re update his DS to 4.5. However we can’t test it till later today.

Would appreciate any other suggestions of things we could also try

is weird as fuck.
does your home screen have miiverse icon on it?

its possible to partially update the 3DS so its actually on 7.x but displays 4.x in the settings, no real way to detect this unless the miiverse app is on the homescreen

this is caused by interrupting an update in progress

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have asked there is no miiverse on his homescreen. He is also a tech enthusiast like me, there's no way hes been a helmet and accidentally updated the 3ds. This is why I'm confused, it makes no sense why its not working.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
does it come up with the "A error has occured" when entering the DS profile or just straight to the DS settings?
it was only at 7.x that the DS settings doesn't crash with the exploit installed, so its either that or he isn't actually installing the exploit

one last thing he can try is selecting the other region settings in the Gatewayinstaller.nds

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend was launching the exploit wrong. He was launching "username" in profile instead of "ds profile", what a helmet lol.

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah was really a mate have mentioned him in a different post about ordering gateways from eachmall as we both ordered at the same time.

Anyway he had me up at 3 in the morning and we pissing around with it for a couple of hours. I went round there the next day and it worked first time for me and that's when we found out what he had been doing. I originally went round there to test my blue card as that's the only thing left i could think of checking, it worked and i said "ah your blue cards fucked", he was like "nah, its a me" with the biggest grin you can imagine.

Me and a mate of mine ordered a GW from these guys for £38 each. Bought 23/01/14 dispatched on 25/01/14, first trackable event was 28/02/14 as dispatched from swisspost, arrived in the uk on 11/02/14, delivered on the 13/02/14. Both were sent to separate addresses my mate lives about a mile from me. All this whilst over the Chinese new year. So i would imagine you could take a few days off for normal delivery times.

Another thing I was impressed with, it was trackable all the way to the door, and became a special delivery item when received in the UK and was then trackable via royal mail. I was fucking impressed to say the least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs