Can't install VPK files Error 0xFFFFFFFF

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by sirben, Sep 8, 2018.

1. sirben
    OP

sirben Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    Malaysia
    Hi Guys,
    I just got a PS vita (PCH 2000) and I followed this video guide to CFW my PS vita

I have successfully Installed henkaku and Vita shell to my PS vita
    But unfortunately am unable to download vpk files via Vita shell.
    I've set the main settings to

USB Device:Memory Card
    Select Button: USB

When I press select I am able to connect to my PC and transfer the VPK File into the PS Vita Internal Memory. But when I disconnect it and install it. It just shows Error 0xFFFFFFF. 90% of the time when I try to install a VPK this message will show up.

I have tried using FTP and the same thing happens. Sometimes I'm able to install a VPK file but more often than not Error 0xFFFFFFFF pops up.

I have already tried using 2 different usb cables (These cables are ordinary Samsung phone cables)
    Check to see if there is enough storage (Free space: 800MB VPK size:150MB)
    Rebooting the PS vita and tried installing the VPK again (Error 0xFFFFFFFF still Shows)
    Deleting and transferring the VPK again
    Installing other VPKs from other sites and testing if they work (Which they don't as Error 0xFFFFFFFF shows up)
    Reinstalling H-encore for the 3rd time

And still the problem persist.
    If anyone has any idea or solution to solve this problem,that'll greatly appreciated !

2. sirben
    OP

sirben Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    Malaysia
    I have also enabled unsafe Home-brewing in settings If you guys are wondering

3. ayoub159753

ayoub159753 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Morocco
    i have the same thing. i think that is something about the new version of vita shell anyway if i figuredout the problem ill let you
    know

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    a vpk is just a zip file. change the extension to .zip, extract the content, transfer over the content, and refresh the livearea. see if the app/game appears then. I've seen this happen before with custom theme manager. the solution was using qcma. :-/

5. sirben
    OP

sirben Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    Malaysia
    Hi Godreborn,
    Thanks for the reply,I have changed the vpk extension to .zip and have extracted the files inside the zip file. But how do I transfer over the content ? I have opened qcma and have used vitashell to connect to my computer. Do I drag and drop the files to my vita ? Or must I transfer them via the QCMA settings tab ? And if so how do I do that ?

Really appreicate your answer,thank you !

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    drop the content of the vpk into ux0:app . then, refresh the livearea . if that still doesn't work, you may need to make a qcma backup. that's the only way I was able to get custom theme manager working on my psv. I think I made the backup on the pstv, then transferred it over with qcma. I also got an error like yours, and refreshing the livearea didn't seem to work either. a qcma backup did, however, so since then, I've kept a qcma backup of everything. I think this problem is with vita shell.

7. paulzheng

paulzheng GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    China

did you create a folder named "data" under ux0's root path

8. shtonkalot

shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

May 28, 2006
    Gosford, Australia
    I had the same problem. Latest update to Vitashell solved it for me. That update specifically was meant to solve this issue I believe.

sirben likes this.
  9. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    USB transfer on VitaShell 1.95 busted, don't use that

sirben likes this.