Hacking Can't install Preloader-

nasakii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm always so nervous about installing custom WADs because of banner bricks so I decided to install preloader. But when I go to install it I get the "failed to get root, current IOS (36) has the bug fixed fakesign" error. I have cIOS36 rev 9 installed and read that if I downgrade it, I can install preloader, then upgrade back to rev 9. I figured I'd read about the ios downgrader, but everything I find is about downgrading the firmware with it. Do I have to downgrade the entire firmware to get the previous version of ios 36, or can I downgrade the single ios? If it matters, I'm currently sitting on v4.0U.

estebanchaidez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nasakii said:
I'm always so nervous about installing custom WADs because of banner bricks so I decided to install preloader. But when I go to install it I get the "failed to get root, current IOS (36) has the bug fixed fakesign" error. I have cIOS36 rev 9 installed and read that if I downgrade it, I can install preloader, then upgrade back to rev 9. I figured I'd read about the ios downgrader, but everything I find is about downgrading the firmware with it. Do I have to downgrade the entire firmware to get the previous version of ios 36, or can I downgrade the single ios? If it matters, I'm currently sitting on v4.0U.

Your answer is at the bottom of this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

nasakii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
estebanchaidez said:
Your answer is at the bottom of this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I checked it out and followed all of the steps. After downgrading then upgrading again, I went to install preloader and it still gives the the same thing.

QUOTE(assassda @ Apr 1 2009, 02:38 PM) ...
how do i fix the error when installing preloader "current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed"?

You didnt use Waninkokos Updater. Downgrade with cIOS Downgrader and start from the beginning

But I did before and also this time =S

jamsplodge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me too.

Did cIOS downgrader, then upgraded using the method described and I get the same message too.

No playing with random banners and wads for me for a while
tongue.gif

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i went back down to 3.2 used ios downgrader and then installed rev9, upgraded to 4.0 and cios61 patch and then installed preloader. installed rev9 again just in case. i like to be extra sure of things before i do it.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
nasakii said:
Bloodlust said:
nasakii said:
afif95 said:
IOS Downgrader. Run it.

This worked! Used IOS downgrader, installed preloader, then reinstalled REV 9!

Thanks, man!

Hi, why the need to reinstall rev9 again? Does IOS downgrader delete it??

It allows us to use USB Loader. And yeah, the downgrader removes it.

I thought wad manager needs CIOS249 to run? If IOS downgrader removed it, how were you able to install it using wad manager again?
wacko.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
delta123 said:
because you install rev9 though homebrew channel not the wad manager.

I think I am getting a bit lost here. Because I did not install wanin's IOS36rev8/9 before updating to 4.0 so now I can't install wads or run the IOS downgrader at all. Unless you mean that rev9 can be installed with just HBC or wad manager is able to use a different cIOS to launch other than IOS249? Could you pls enlighten a confused soul?

jamsplodge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, please can someone help us and tell us exactly what to do.

I have tried using the cIOS downgrader twice now and get the same result.

Is it possible for me to install a version of IOS36 that doesn't have this issue so that I can install preloader?

Can I get my Wii back to stock 3.0E (removing all cIOS) and then try to upgrade to 4?

Sooooo lost
frown.gif

nasakii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamsplodge said:
Yes, please can someone help us and tell us exactly what to do.

I have tried using the cIOS downgrader twice now and get the same result.

Is it possible for me to install a version of IOS36 that doesn't have this issue so that I can install preloader?

Can I get my Wii back to stock 3.0E (removing all cIOS) and then try to upgrade to 4?

Sooooo lost
frown.gif

The steps I took (I'm on 4.0U):

1. Use IOS downgrader (not cIOS Downgrader)

2. Install preloader

3. reinstall cIOS36 REV 9

Tarantula

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
please help me
why after i install preloader, i cannot go to preloader setting by using hold reset button when wii light been red.
i install preloader just like you , use ios downgrader and install preloader
thanks

p.s sry for my bad english
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay solitude again