Hacking Can't install one specific game?

Ursus Major

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all, I'm using a O3DS XL on A9LH 11.2.0-35E SysNAND.
Everything works fine except for installing DQ8 (about 3GB in size).
I tried a few different dumps, different versions of FBI (2.4.7 and 2.4.1 to be exact)
I even tried using freeShop, but all of them give me the same results.
Everything works fine for the first couple of MB (this varies from about 55MB to 500MB), installing with the normal 1.25MB/s but then it slows down to about 40 or 50 KB/s and stays that way.
The weird thing is, I tested my SD-Card with H2Testw and it showed no errors at all.
Installing another game (about 800mb in size) worked perfectly fine.
Something else I noticed is that all the DQ8 cias have the Attributes "Hidden" or "Archive" (or both) in FBI, while the other game had "None" (Don't know if that matters at all, just something i noticed)

mohdsaher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check how much storage you have on your sd card left if you only have a bit higher then 3gigs you will need to free about 700megs of data before even trying

mohdsaher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh that's weird it could be that the cia you got has something wrong with and if it does then it cannot be installed. its not weird for freeshop to use the same cia file that you downloaded

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Backup all data from your sd card onto your Computer, reformat the card to fat32 with 32kb clustersize and copy the data back. Installing should work now..

Ursus Major

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're getting the unmodified DQ8, have you tried CIAngel as well?

I have tried the unmodified version, not from CIAngel but from FunKeyCIA, got the same error.
Also the DQ8.cia's show up with a negative filesize when looking at them through an FTP Application, so maybe my SD-Card is corrupted?
Funny that H2Testw shows no errors though.

mohdsaher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he is using the enctitlekey.db from that title key site for freeshop and ciangel also uses the same enctitlekeys.bin so if freeshop does not work it is safe to say that CIAngel wont work either

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Negative filesize? Ew, maybe you need a full format instead of a quick format. That type of stuff makes me wary.
yeah you should do that (PS its worry not wary

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he is using the enctitlekey.db from that title key site for freeshop and ciangel also uses the same enctitlekeys.bin so if freeshop does not work it is safe to say that CIAngel wont work either

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah you should do that (PS its worry not wary
war·y
ˈwerē/
adjective
  1. feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems.
    "dogs that have been mistreated often remain very wary of strangers"

I fully meant to say wary, thank you. xD

Ursus Major

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Negative filesize? Ew, maybe you need a full format instead of a quick format. That type of stuff makes me wary.

Did that, sadly it didn't help.
I'm going to try it with another SD-Card,
since i remembered i have a spare 16GB MicroSD and one of those MicroSD to SD Adapters.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it didn't help, then you may be dealing with a card that is trying to write to bad sectors, which means it's bad/unsafe to continue using it. :(

Hopefully, the spare card does the trick for you.

Ursus Major

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems that the issue was with the old card,
the spare one has nearly finished installing DQ8 and the speeds never dropped.

Funny thing is H2Testw still shows "Test finished without errors" when i test the card.
Kind of a shame, since the card was bought merely a few months ago and was an original SanDisk one off of Amazon.

Still, I'm happy my SD-Controller inside the 3DS isn't broken, that would have been way worse.

Thanks for the (attempted) help guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0