Hacking Can't install no ios

Peelbash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a lot of IOSs that i knew nothing about, so now, I can't change my IoS from 36 rev 3351 to any thing else.
Is there a way to uninstall all or some IOS so I can start afresh? Or am I stupid?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Why on Earth would you mess with system files that you don't know about?
wtf.gif

Now that that's out of my system, are you still (to an extent) able to use Trucha Bug Restorer or DOP-Mii?

Peelbash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was... trying to make Monster Hunter work...
cry.gif

So, DOP-Mii works, as does Trucha Bug Restorer. What now?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are just trying to run a game, the only IOS that you should need to install is the IOS that the game uses. One way you could find out what IOS it needs is by trying to run it through GeckoOS 1.9.3.1. When you run it, it will tell you the IOS that it needs.

Keep in mind that this method will only work if you have a disc of the game, and it may have to be a legitimate disc. I don't know how to manually find out the IOS used on USB loaders.

Also, I wouldn't blindly mess with other IOS files without at least having BootMii installed as boot2 (I personally wouldn't blindly mess with them even with this), and having a NAND backup. Remember that BootMii as an IOS will not do much at all for brick protection.

Peelbash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, I already have IOS36 installed, but can't replace it with another cIOS. When I load another cIOS, then restart it, it reverts to IOS36.
EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it myself! I'll never do that again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1