Homebrew Cant install games in any method whatsoever?

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, for starters, I am running a9lh/Luma CFW Sys on 11.0.

Can someone tell me why I cant download any games now? Using the eShop, the game crashes at 99% and I get nothing but error messages. No matter if I choose download now or download later, it will crash upon installation and the game wont appear on my menu. That goes to newly purchased games or games tied to my NNID. With Freeshop, it always fails at installing the TMD or installing the actual app. CIAngel gives me an error on boot now, something about "syntax error, value, object, or array expected". That fixed itself after deleting the config and wings.json files, but now I end up with the same results like trying to use the eShop. Help?

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
My guess is your SD card has been heavily used and can no longer flash stuff to it anymore (it's a very common problem with cheap name sd cards). You should buy another one and transfer all your stuff across from the old one to the new one.

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is your SD card has been heavily used and can no longer flash stuff to it anymore (it's a very common problem with cheap name sd cards). You should buy another one and transfer all your stuff across from the old one to the new one.
Damn, just got this a month ago and wont have some cash to spare for a while since I start sophomore year at my new university. Well, thanks.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, for starters, I am running a9lh/Luma CFW Sys on 11.0.

Can someone tell me why I cant download any games now? Using the eShop, the game crashes at 99% and I get nothing but error messages. No matter if I choose download now or download later, it will crash upon installation and the game wont appear on my menu. That goes to newly purchased games or games tied to my NNID. With Freeshop, it always fails at installing the TMD or installing the actual app. CIAngel gives me an error on boot now, something about "syntax error, value, object, or array expected". That fixed itself after deleting the config and wings.json files, but now I end up with the same results like trying to use the eShop. Help?

Can you install homebrew CIAs via either Homebr3w or FBI? Any chance you played with TIKdevil or any other ticket installers? It could be you just have bad tickets installed in the system.

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you install homebrew CIAs via either Homebr3w or FBI? Any chance you played with TIKdevil or any other ticket installers? It could be you just have bad tickets installed in the system.
Yes to both. However, like Bubsy Bobcat said, I used one of my spare sd cards and things downloaded perfectly from the eShop. If I continue to use my bigger, newer sd card, I have to pull the .cias from other websites and not directly from the system.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both. However, like Bubsy Bobcat said, I used one of my spare sd cards and things downloaded perfectly from the eShop. If I continue to use my bigger, newer sd card, I have to pull the .cias from other websites and not directly from the system.

If you played with TIKdevil then your problem is a pretty much exact fit for bad tickets. There was an old version that caused it. Also, I'm pretty sure the ticket db is stored on the SD under that Nintendo 3DS folder, so switching to a new card would effectively clear those installed bad tickets while using the other one.

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you played with TIKdevil then your problem is a pretty much exact fit for bad tickets. There was an old version that caused it. Also, I'm pretty sure the ticket db is stored on the SD under that Nintendo 3DS folder, so switching to a new card would effectively clear those installed bad tickets while using the other one.
Never used TIKdevil, but should I try to clear them all and reinstall if possible?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does freeShop work?
No, in the main post I said Freeshop always fails at installing the TMD or installing the actual app.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never used TIKdevil, but should I try to clear them all and reinstall if possible?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, in the main post I said Freeshop always fails at installing the TMD or installing the actual app.

That's where I'd start trying... See this thread for some detail if its a ticket problem:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/delete-bad-tickets.424468/

I'm not sure if you've really got ticket problems or not, but its worth checking out just in case.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I'm pretty sure the ticket db is stored on the SD under that Nintendo 3DS folder, so switching to a new card would effectively clear those installed bad tickets while using the other one.
Just to clear this up, tickets are not stored on the SD card, they are stored on the 3DS itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water