Hacking Cant install cIOSx REV 20b or rev 14

Voosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i used IOS36 instead of the AHPBORT.

I think the ios36 is patched, using the trucha bug restorer?

Yes, i think i have the latest version of HBC, when i installed it i used the latest version of the Hack-mii installer.

Would you reccommend ATD over DOP-Mii?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesnt really matter which app you use. They both works. The thing is, are you carefull?
They can BOTH permanently brick your wii if you mess up.

Voosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
It doesnt really matter which app you use. They both works. The thing is, are you carefull?

Well i used DOP-Mii, followed the instructions i was given, (select IOS36 on startup, then go to IOS menu and press minus key on 249 to uninstall, but it wouldnt let me uninstall, only gave me the option to install)

I am a careful person, but the thing is, i dont quite know what i have to be careful of when it comes to wii hacking.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u have to be careful not to delete certain IOS when using these kind of tools if u delete the right IOS the system will not boot any longer

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have the latest HBC just use The ios 58 installer. Then use the ios 236 installer.
ios 236 has the trucha bug. You can install everything with it. NO NEED FOR ATD OR DOPMII.

The installers can both be downloaded via MODmii or the Homebrew BROWSER

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Voosh said:
bjorno said:

Well i used DOP-Mii, followed the instructions i was given, (select IOS36 on startup, then go to IOS menu and press minus key on 249 to uninstall, but it wouldnt let me uninstall, only gave me the option to install)

I am a careful person, but the thing is, i dont quite know what i have to be careful of when it comes to wii hacking.

Which version dop-mii are you using? Normally if you press minus, it removes it.
Remove ios 249 and dont remove any other ios or you brick your wii.

edit: nvm read your post, use dop-mii v12.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
When I was updating my cIOS to run COD BO (I installed rev 20 to slot 250, keeping 249 on rev 9! yes I know sentimental value lol ) - I had the same issue with both DOP Mii v12 and v14 removing the cIOS - I cant remember the exact message it said. In the end I had to use ATD (I have the red Squirrel mod version) which did the trick then ran the installer for rev 20.
Although as stated use with caution - in other words make sure you choose the correct one to remove!

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ocdetective said:
When I was updating my cIOS to run COD BO (I installed rev 20 to slot 250, keeping 249 on rev 9! yes I know sentimental value lol ) - I had the same issue with both DOP Mii v12 and v14 removing the cIOS - I cant remember the exact message it said. In the end I had to use ATD (I have the red Squirrel mod version) which did the trick then ran the installer for rev 20.
Although as stated use with caution - in other words make sure you choose the correct one to remove!

lol. for my friend ATD didn't work, so in the end I just had to use dop-mii. So actually complete oppsossite of you. But I think it really depends on the wii, some wii's give weird errors and some do not..

Voosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i tried v12, still doesnt give the option to uninstall it just to install it, so i tried ATD, and i couldnt even find it! it had 236 and 254 i think, but yeah, it wasnt even there on ATD?

Should i try Hielkenator's method? and if so ive tried looking for his files on modmii and cant find the ios58 installer, is it a wad file? i have the ios236 instaaller from mod mii,

what should i do
smile.gif
ATD and Dop-mii v12 and v14 dont work?

Voosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind, used modmii and got lots of files, followed the guide and installed everything i needed, updated to 4.1 and installed rev 20 no problem
smile.gif
thanks for all your help guys.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Voosh said:
nevermind, used modmii and got lots of files, followed the guide and installed everything i needed, updated to 4.1 and installed rev 20 no problem
smile.gif
thanks for all your help guys.

Cool!

Ios 58 was'nt really needed. It just lets you use USB 2.0 on the HBC.

It can be dowloaded with the Homebrewbrowser. Wich is a homebrew app to download other homebrew apps on the Wii.

Voosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh i see
smile.gif

Anyhow, i didnt have to remove the 249 in the end?

which is a little confusing as i was told that was the problem all along? Nvm
smile.gif
its done now and all is looking good!
biggrin.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No it was'nt needed.

You must understand that all those numbers ( 249, 250, etc. ) are merely slotnumbers.

It totaly up to you what is contained within them.
The Usb and disc loaders just refer to the slot you tell them to use.

I could be handy for your self to note what you've installed in the slots, on paper.
I f some issues occur, you can easily see what base ios and rev you've installed in any slot.

So if you install something else in a slot the previous is just replaced. All content of that slot will be replaced. With any title deleter you can delete the slot with the content completely.
But if you are just updating or replacing the base ios to use in your cios in any slot, you can just reinstall with whatever you want to be in that slot.

I hope I make sense. There's really not that much to it. Nintendo made the Wii system structure very simple.

A little note about ios 58 and ios 236installer:

Ios 58 can be used with the latest HBC. ( allows usb 2.0 support, in legal way for Homebrew ) The ios58 comes from the ÿour shape game. It can't be downloaded via Nintendo.
This is the reason a ios 58 installer has been made. So that anyone can iuse the benefits that comes ios58 without having to buy the crappy game.

Ios 236 is a modified base ios 36. It's installed in slot 236. The modification includes a Known bug ( trucha bug ) that allows to run insigned code.
With this unsigned code you can install Other cios. ( waninkoko, hermes etc wich allow the loading of backups )

The ios 236 installer needs ios58 to run.
Other options to get the trucha in your Wii is to use DOP-Mii or easy ios patcher.

The combination with the installers is very easy compared to a while back.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So reading between the lines the Wii did not even have cIOS 249 in the first place and was not initially trucha bugged either.

Voosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish i knew all of what you told me when i was first getting into all of this as if someone had told me that alot sooner i would have had a better idea completely and it would have made the entire process so much faster.

The purpose of modding the wii was my sister has ALOT of games and some of them are near to no good(broken/scratched).

On the neogamma launcher i installed for her, it says which base and slot the cIOS is installed in
wink.gif

The wii doesnt really need any further modding unless she decides to buy a hard drive then i shall install usb loader gx for her to make it a bit more simple
smile.gif

Anyhow what i originally intended this post to do was to say thanks cause in that post alone i know everything i needed to know when i started this, and for next time ill actually know what im doing!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.