Can't Install Alcohol 120%

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know what's going on here, but whenever I try to install this app, it gets stuck at 90%. I'm trying to install the free version. unfortunately, I could only find the 32-bit free version, which I think might be the problem. I need a 64-bit version.

D

Deleted User

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to use this specific program? Are you just trying to mount and read an ISO?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's solely for bin/cue. I found a strange bug with imgburn that affected one disc (lots of skipping), so I thought I'd try something else. poweriso and ultraiso both created discs that didn't work. using the built-in windows 10 burning software worked. unfortunately, you can only mount iso, not bin/cue.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For mounting disc images, I never had troubles with Virtual CloneDrive from Elaborate Bytes. It supports bin/cue, I'm sure.

does that app have its own burner software? I mean is there any way to mount a cue file, then have the windows 10 builtin burner software burn it?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does that app have its own burner software? I mean is there any way to mount a cue file, then have the windows 10 builtin burner software burn it?
Sorry, can't really answer that question. I haven't burnt a disc in ages. I guess it can be done, as there is probably no protection if the image was ripped properly. What kind of disc image are you trying to burn?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ps1 games.
Wow! That brings me way back! :lol: I was using CDRWin with success back then (early 2000's) for PS1 games. But this program is so old, I wonder if it would work on Windows 10. Imgburn should have worked. Maybe your image is not ripped properly, unless you checked that it's a certified good rip from a checksum.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game was mega man anniversary collection. it would skip in only one part (the opening cg with guts man). I mean skipped constantly. the rest of the game seemed okay. this is with multiple attempts, different media, different burner/pc, etc. my other burns seem okay though. that was from burning with imgburn. using the built in windows burner, no skips, no freezing with anniversary collection. because of the great success with it, I was hoping to burn all discs the same way. I guess I just assume something will go wrong with the games I burned using imgburn.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the game was mega man anniversary collection. it would skip in only one part (the opening cg with guts man). I mean skipped constantly. the rest of the game seemed okay. this is with multiple attempts, different media, different burner/pc, etc. my other burns seem okay though. that was from burning with imgburn. using the built in windows burner, no skips, no freezing with anniversary collection. because of the great success with it, I was hoping to burn all discs the same way. I guess I just assume something will go wrong with the games I burned using imgburn.
That's a PS2 game. Are you sure it's a bin/cue?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that one was an iso. I only mean bin/cue for ps1 games. iso files can be mounted or burned in windows 10, but there's no such option with a bin or a cue file. I can start burning ps2 games with that built in burner, but I have no idea what to do with ps1 games if they can't be mounted or burned in the traditional sense.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So MegaMan Anniversary collection is the one giving you problems, or something else? Did you rip it yourself, or you downloaded it? If you want to verify the rip to see if it's valid, you can try a site like http://redump.org/ Compare the checksums with your rip.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a version of the game. I also rented the game from gamefly. hex compare = identical. the retail game didn't skip. it skips badly with imgburn. using windows 10's burner, no skip, fast loading, so it's likely something about that game that imgburn didn't like. I even verified the content. there are no errors or write problems either.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded a version of the game. I also rented the game from gamefly. hex compare = identical. the retail game didn't skip. it skips badly with imgburn. using windows 10's burner, no skip, fast loading, so it's likely something about that game that imgburn didn't like. I even verified the content. there are no errors or write problems either.
Are we still talking about MM Anniversary collection, which should be an iso, or something else. It's not clear.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anniversary collection is the game that had a bunch of skipping when using imgburn.

damn alcohol 120%, I figured out the problem. it pretty much forces you to accept the installation of other programs. I agreed. it's finished installing. now, I just need to get rid of this trash.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anniversary collection is the game that had a bunch of skipping when using imgburn.

damn alcohol 120%, I figured out the problem. it pretty much forces you to accept the installation of other programs. I agreed. it's finished installing. now, I just need to get rid of this trash.
Ah, yes! Freeware is only free under certain conditions! Glad you found the problem. Good luck with your next attempts. :)

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: