Hacking Cant get YSmenu

DiabolicalKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
today i got my DSTT YA!!. i notice that the menu is kind of slow and hear about ysmenu . the only problem is that when i go to the dev. site if cant get it, it just brings me back to the top of the page, can anyone send me the file?

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiabolicalKid said:
today i got my DSTT YA!!. i notice that the menu is kind of slow and hear about ysmenu . the only problem is that when i go to the dev. site if cant get it, it just brings me back to the top of the page, can anyone send me the file?

The creator doesn't want people to link to any site but his, but I sent you a PM with a link to download it directly.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is http://home.usay.jp/. It's mostly in Japanese, but to get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/05/22 22:22") to download the latest version.To install YSMenu for DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "TTMENU" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" that is on your microSD to "TTMenu.nds", then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root (top level) of your microSD card. Make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
(b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "TTMENU" folder.[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "TTMENU" folder on your microSD card.That should be it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run "YSMenu.nds" to get to YSMenu. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu and you can run "TTMenu.nds" to get back to TTMenu.

-Bri

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is http://home.usay.jp/. It's mostly in Japanese, but to get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/05/22 22:22") to download the latest version.To install YSMenu for DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "TTMENU" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" that is on your microSD to "TTMenu.nds", then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root (top level) of your microSD card. Make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
(b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "TTMENU" folder.[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "TTMENU" folder on your microSD card.That should be it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run "YSMenu.nds" to get to YSMenu. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu and you can run "TTMenu.nds" to get back to TTMenu.

-Bri

I sent it to him and deleted the link after he downloaded it, but thanks for giving install instructions. I'm not sure if that's okay, but it'd be the same as me sending it to him on AIM. If Yasu doesn't like it he can tell me (Does he come here?) and I won't do it again.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yasu is a member of this forum, but I don't know how often he comes here.

I don't know if he minds if you PM someone a direct link or not.

The main reason he has given for not wanting direct links posted is because he doesn't want people to download older versions. For the same reason he doesn't like copies of his software made available in the download section of forums like this one. Providing directions like the ones I posted previously helps to ensure that people grab the latest version.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1