Hacking Can't get "PSPKVM" to work

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am on a PSP 3000, fw 5.03, using the signed exploit.
When I run PSPKVM, it reads from the mem stick to the memory, the mem stick is flashing for a quite a long time but the screen just remains dark and nothing happens. I have tried many versions, complete, lite, but it's always the same result.
This is really weird as I was able to run it on any of my previous PSP's (1000, 2000, 3000).
I would appreciate any advice as I need to run Opera on my PSP. The default browser is gross.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh great, someone with the same problem as me - I thought that black screen was because I got a corrupt file and was missing a font... BTW, could you post the sys_ib.ttf file for me?

Anyway, nearly the same problem here. Prome-4 5.03 with kxploit on PSP2000v3, and I also get the black screen.

Tests:

5.03 gen-c gives black screen and not even home button works. PSP can be at least put in sleep mode, but needs to be turned off to go back to XMB.

5,03 prome-3 gives black screen, but home button still works.

5.03 prome-4 gives black screen, but home button still works.

edit: Rejoice; it actually works with prome-4. Black screen happens if you're not using an original memory stick. I've been able to open the browser in my 2gb sony memory stick, but not in the 16gb double microsd-to-memorystick thing~ So, not a real happy ending, but it does help.
Now all I need to figure out is why the qwerty keyboard isn't appearing.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yanazake said:
Oh great, someone with the same problem as me - I thought that black screen was because I got a corrupt file and was missing a font... BTW, could you post the sys_ib.ttf file for me?

Anyway, nearly the same problem here. Prome-4 5.03 with kxploit on PSP2000v3, and I also get the black screen.

Tests:

5.03 gen-c gives black screen and not even home button works. PSP can be at least put in sleep mode, but needs to be turned off to go back to XMB.

5,03 prome-3 gives black screen, but home button still works.

5.03 prome-4 gives black screen, but home button still works.

edit: Rejoice; it actually works with prome-4. Black screen happens if you're not using an original memory stick. I've been able to open the browser in my 2gb sony memory stick, but not in the 16gb double microsd-to-memorystick thing~ So, not a real happy ending, but it does help.
Now all I need to figure out is why the qwerty keyboard isn't appearing.

I don't get it. Why do you install Prometeus plugins? Kxploit installs everything, including Prometeus, IMHO.
Anyway, still no luck here. I have only one Memory Stick it's a 4GB SanDisk, so I cannot alternate.
I don't know if it's what you call "original" but I guess it is.
Could you possibly upload somewhere on the net the config/files that works for you?
I would be much obliged. Though I have a different PSP - 3000, so it still might not work.

Raynman

Trophies
XP
Country
Namibia
I had the same issue and couldn't find a solution online. It might be irrelevant now, but maybe someone stumbles on this answer and it works for them too.
What I did was, I pressed "select" on my psp and went into the > recovery menu > Advanced > went down to "memory stick speedup" and changed it from none to always. Instead of PSPKVM being stuck on a black screen, it now loads up in about 15 seconds and works like a charm.
I hope this helps someone in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1