Hacking Can't get GBA games working

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all! Sorry to bug you with so many issues, but right now I don't know what to do.

I'll post screenshots below of my current file setup:
http://i50.tinypic.com/6eisfa.png (full screen of scdstwo, large image)

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zg7vpz.jpg (plugins menu)

First off, my GBA games are located inside the NDSGBA file within _dstwo

Whenever I boot most GBA games, I get black screens that appear frozen with no music at all on both my 3DS 4.0.0.7U and DSi 1.4. I only get any kind of result so far from the games I've tested. Out of Pokemon Emerald, Ruby, Fire Emblem, and Mario Kart US version, the only thing I got was the white GAMEBOY screen that is supposed to appear but it stops there, and I have a lot of games to test and nothing seems to work at all. I'm using the 1.21 version of NDSGBA on my Supercard, and everything else seems to be working perfectly fine. I was able to put Lameboy and NESDS on the menu and make it work, which I'm happy with and so far I have not had problems with DS games. it's only NDSGBA that gives me any issues.

What's going on? Sorry, I'm really new to the inner-workings of the supercard as before I used an Acekard for like three years :3

Also, in case you were wondering, the akmenu4.nds file is within _aio because I don't want it to interfere with the supercard. If I can keep it out in the root, let me know that might just be better, but I'm concerned the DS won't figure out which file to boot for either if I had it out.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, Rydian. At first, I felt so stupid for missing that. I moved all the ROMs in there, reloaded my sc, and it still didn't work.

I then backed up the games folder, re-installed the emulator from a fresh download, and still doesn't work :( What else can I do? I'll try formatting the microSD but I doubt that will help any since everything else works properly and I had just reformatted today earlier...

To anyone who can assist me with this, reading the topic, PLEASE post as soon as you can. I am leaving for Japan on Tuesday morning and I will not be able to access the forums. I'd like to be able to play GBA games during my layover and long plane rides without having to take my GBA console and a million games. Thanks!

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm I've got a similar problem but I'm trying to see if it might be a compatibility problem, a few games and gba homebrew don't seem to work despite being placed in my gamepak folder
to name a few, another world and pokemon games, I can tell it isn't a corrupt file as they work fine on my pc
-SCDS2 user

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Back up your microSD card and reformat with this
Now download this emulator, it's not that latest, but the latest one was broken and really didn't fix much, so there is no point in it.
Now download this file, rename it to "game_config.txt" (without the quotes), then put it in the NDSGBA folder.
You emulator should be working fine now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello