John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys.
i downloaded Wii sports because i bought my wii and it was used so i didn't get wii sports with it.
i downloaded a PAL version cuz it had more seeds.
anyways, i patched it with brickblocker and tried to boot it in WIigator's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma.
I forced NTSC and i told it to boot in english. it brought up nothing but a green screen.

anything i can do?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does it boot without forcing it to NTSC ?

Once its brickblocked you should be able to boot it as normal , though it may be black and white

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'll check now. i just thought u had to force it
tongue.gif

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i didnt force boot

it booted with black and white, whle pretty grainy

but the main problem is the screen keeps scrolling downwards..its hard to explain.

any fix?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
John7435 said:
i didnt force boot

it booted with black and white, whle pretty grainy

but the main problem is the screen keeps scrolling downwards..its hard to explain.

any fix?

The scrolling comes from 576i(50Hz) image on your only 480i(60Hz) image supporting tv. To remove the scrolling you could use force PAL60, but the image should still be black and white.

If you use Gamma, you don't need brickblocker or such stuff. The only patches i know you could need are video mode patches(which you need now) or IOS Version patching(look here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...;#entry1639626)

If you are an experienced user, you can use your burn with my toy and load a patched main.dol on the fly:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haniKazmi, i was going to use yours but i need the main.dol file. what program can i use to extract my ISO and what program can i use to re-make the ISO and make it wii-compatible?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
John7435 said:
haniKazmi, i was going to use yours but i need the main.dol file. what program can i use to extract my ISO and what program can i use to re-make the ISO and make it wii-compatible?

Did you try froce NTSC and vidpatch? I'm just curious if this works for aynbody.

Trucha Signer or WiiScrubber should help you, while WiiScrubber seem to be able to open more .iso files than Trucha Signer.

As mentioned, the other method would be to use my toy to load the main.dol from sd card. This way you would only need your old burn, my toy, a sd card and the Generic Wii Patcher.

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i dont know about the common key.bina nd all that shit
but whatever, i'm going to use wiipowers method i guess
i understand how it puts the other main.dol on the sd card but what do i need to do to make it boot that main.dol?

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nevermind this topic. i'm just going to find a NTSC one
Wiiscrubber is bein all gay and i don't want to be using another app just to boot wii sports i want to boot it normally. there's 4 ppl using this wii and nobody would understand how to boot it anyways so screw it

EDIT:

the whole reason i got into this mess is because my computer messed up while dumping my friend's copy of sports over wifi.
it got to 54% but because i left it overnight and wasn't using the computer, it stopped and didn't download anymore, and wouldn't download when i tried to continue it.

any way to overcome this? the computer doesn't even go into standby...

could it have just been a network problem where the wifi disconnected for a second?

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
John7435 said:
nevermind this topic. i'm just going to find a NTSC one
Wiiscrubber is bein all gay and i don't want to be using another app just to boot wii sports i want to boot it normally. there's 4 ppl using this wii and nobody would understand how to boot it anyways so screw it

EDIT:

the whole reason i got into this mess is because my computer messed up while dumping my friend's copy of sports over wifi.
it got to 54% but because i left it overnight and wasn't using the computer, it stopped and didn't download anymore, and wouldn't download when i tried to continue it.

any way to overcome this? the computer doesn't even go into standby...

could it have just been a network problem where the wifi disconnected for a second?

The wii dumper I use over wifi doesnt use internet, just the wireless signal. Something else went wrong.

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i've used it to backup mario party 8 and iot worked fine.
and my router sometimes sucks, so it may have disconnected wifi for a second. it happens a lot tot eh computers in the house. (WIFI not INTERNET)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesd - a slight disconnection would have done it - give it another go at night id say - make sure the wii is powered off for a while before trying it and nothing else downloading on the network thats using the wifi at the time.

p.s. did ya install my DVD Dumper channel ?
tongue.gif

http://wadder.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42

John7435

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, thats not the one i have...mine came in a program that put everything on my SD card for me. i start the program through the homebrew channel

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiipower yoiur toy does not work for game that goto green screen when forcing neither will regionfrii or any other pogram so far
crash of the titans and big brain academy both dont work either pal to ntsc

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bugaveli said:
wiipower yoiur toy does not work for game that goto green screen when forcing neither will regionfrii or any other pogram so far

Did you test clean 1:1 copies and set the video mode to system settings?

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
bugaveli said:

Did you test clean 1:1 copies and set the video mode to system settings?

Yes still green screen, so far these are the only 2 games ive had problems with ive got like 4 copies of both trying different things, i hope one will work someday lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.