Can't Extract save file from Pokemon Yellow Virtual Console using JK Save Manager

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SebasIzu, Jan 13, 2017.

1. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I am trying to extract the save data of Pokemon Yellow VC using JKSM, but when I select SD/CIA I says "No installed titles were found!". I bought the game in the e-shop normally, I am using OOTHAX, an old 3ds XL and my system version is 11.2.0-35U. What is the problem?
    PD: I am a total noob when it comes to Homebrew, so please could you explain in an easy way?

2. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    Strange i was able to extract the save file even with normal Homebrew, i was really surprise to be honest. Infact ultil the recent Homebrew Update from smea it was impossible to extract the save file from the VC game Pokèmon. If i remenber correctly in the save editor there is an option for refresh the list of game installed on your system. Try that option is possible that the save editor have not detected the game on your SD.

3. N3evin

N3evin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
    United States
    It should be working fine. Have you started the game before? If the game is new without any save, it would says "No installed titles were found!"

4. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yes, I tried selecting Refresh list but didn't work.
    Yes, I have started the game and have advanced it a lot.

5. N3evin

N3evin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
    United States
    which jksm version are you using? The date at the top when u start it latest should be 11-21-2016.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    never had this problem with jksm. in fact, I wrote a small tutorial on transferring 3ds saves to cia on another site. I never encountered an issue with any game aside from EO 4, but that save was corrupted with the gateway as well...not sure how it happened. that was/is my favorite 3ds game too. :(

7. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Maybe that's the problem, mine says 9-23-2016. How can I update it? (Easy explanation)

8. PedroKeitawa

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    By your first post you use the simple Homebrew, not CFW, so you have to simple download the recent version and punt in your SD card like any other homebrew.

9. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    And where can I download it? And what is CFW? I use this homebrew because I don't know how to do any other.

10. PedroKeitawa

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    CFW is Custom Firmware. Is basicly what you can see on this forum refernce as Luma CFW, for exemple, but since you use regula homebrew i dosen't matter. For you upload issue here the link for the most recent version. Click Here.

11. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Doesn't work. In the version I use, I open JKSM through Pokemon Bank, in this one I have to select the game in the homebrew menu and doesn't show any date, and when I select Pokemon Yellow the upper screen stays black and the touch screen red. It only works on the cartridge game and the other apps and it only says "name of the game or app": 3DSX Mode.

12. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Have you redownloaded the starter pack and replaced your boot.3dsx? Homebrew was recently updated to 2.8.

13. PedroKeitawa

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    I gues is this the problem, i make part of your quote in bold. Let me explain, i manage to extract the save file after the recent update for the Homebrew to 2.8, to be honest with you i discover i was able to extract the save file by accident becouse at the point i was sure i need CFW for do this. But apperently the boo.3dsx file aka the Homebrew Launcher recent update allow me to extract the save file with no problem even with out select the Pokèbank.

14. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    My homebrew version is 1.1.1, so where can I update it and how? I did it long time ago and forgot.

15. PedroKeitawa

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
  16. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
  17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you install A9LH and Luma3DS, and yoy use the CIA version of JKSM, you might be able to avoid this problem. There are also numerous other reasons to install A9LH.

https://3ds.guide/get-started

18. PedroKeitawa

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    Is ok, even my says 1.1.1. Try again with JKSM and don't select Pokèbank, simple select directly the game you want.

19. SebasIzu
    OP

SebasIzu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I don't know how to install the Luma3DS. I had a lot trouble installing the regular homebrew, so if possible I would need a video explaining how to do it in a very easy way.

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Video guides are notorious for being wrong and/or out of date. You should be able to follow the guide above. A9LH and Luma3DS are highly recommended if you want a pervasive exploit that can't be patched by Nintendo in a future update. It also simplifies the homebrew process by allowing CIA-installation.