Homebrew Can't download dsiware, Not enough space. But installed DSIware is missing

gHarlequin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, the thread name is a mouthful but I haven't seen anyone adressing a similar issue around here so just hear me out.

I was updating my B9S through the guide cause I couldn't update my 3ds, had to do CTR transfer to finally upload and I already went through the turmoil of restoring my tickets so I didn't lose my already installed CIA's. Now I can enter the eShop and stuff. Problem happened when I tried to redownload 4swords from my redownloadable stuff. It tells me I don't have enough space to install dsiware in the system drive (not on the sd card, I have a lot of space there and have downloaded multiple games, still not full.) So I thought perhaps my dsiware was also missing their ticket and couldn't be seen because of that, but I don't mind losing it so I just went to FBI to try to find the titles and I can't seem to find em. I had Art academy and Shantae among others and can't find em.

Does anyone know how I can do either:
1- Restore my dsiWare so I can play/erase it?
2- Access wherever the dsiWare is so I can erase it manually?
3- Any way to circumvent this without formatting my system? (seriously I already went through hell only to update, don't make me do this)

Hope I gave enough to work with.

gHarlequin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, would manually downloading the CIA overwrite over the existing files? MAybe this could be a solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Shit, Forgot to say, I already did the part about restoring DS functionality on the guide I can play ds cartridges and all, but I still don't find the dsiware... also they are still taking space. (and if they are not, I have VERY LITTLE space on my system (not sd))

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to how CTRTransfer works replacing the NAND copies of the title.db and import.db, you would have to backup the DSiWare titles and saves and reinstall them in order to relist them back on the database.

If you legitimately purchased DSiWare titles on Nintendo eShop,
  1. GodMode9 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [2:] SYSNAND TWLNSearch for titles.
  2. Hold (L)-shoulder and press (RIGHT) d-pad to highlight select everything yellow.
  3. Press (A) → TMD file options...Build CIA (legit) → etc.
    • If asked to build private legit CIAs, select Use personalized ticket (legit).
Next, use the CTRTransfer (Type D9) script to backup pirated DSiWare titles into standard built CIAs.

4. Put the CTRTransfer (Type D9).gm9 at sdmc:/gm9/scripts directory.
5. Press (HOME) → Scripts...CTRTransfer (Type D9).
6. DSiWare CIAs & Saves → Backup CIAs & Saves.
  • This will backup the saves and all DSiWare game titles into standard built CIAs.
7. Go to [2:] SYSNAND TWLN/title and press (Y) on the 00030004 game folder to [CLIPBOARD] select it.
  • If selection mistake was made, press (SELECT) to reset the selection.
  • Do not select the other folders.
8. Back out with (B) and go to [0:] SD CARD ()/gm9/out and press (Y) → Move path(s).
  • This will free up space in the TWLN drive by relocating the folder. This approach is safer than simply deleting the folder in case you need to go back for any missed titles that weren't backed up.
9. Cross compare the standard and legit sets of CIAs. For titles that have both standard and legit, remove the standard copy. Move all legit CIAs to the folder:
  • sdmc:/gm9/out/######_XX########_dsiware_000
  • Installing legit CIAs will keep legit tickets in the ticket.db.
  • Installing standard CIAs will overwrite any titles with legit tickets with spoofed (fake) tickets.
10. Boot to HOME Menu. Launch FBI. Reinstall all the DSiWare CIAs.
  • <current directory>Install all CIAs
  • :!: Reinstalling a CIA will overwrite whatever save data that was in place.

11. Go back to GodMode9. Launch the script again and use:
  • DSiWare CIAs & Saves → Restore Saves
12. Mass unwrap HOME Menu icons with Cthulhu.​

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.