Hacking Can't Downgrade for MSET From rxTools

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not working. Install failed.
what version of FBI are you using?

EDIT: scratch that, just go to the FBI thread and download the latest release of it and put the CIA from the zip on your card and install THAT with the current FBi you have, then retry the install from the new version

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you're not gonna be able to do anything on 9.9
sorry for Dp, but I just saw this over on the Cakes firmware thread:
NOTE: The code.bin installs the correct ROP based on your firmware version. If you're on firmware 6.x or higher, the ROP for MSET 6.x will be installed.

I'm browsing through the cakesROP source code right now and I think I can make it install 4.x MSET for you if you'd like me to try

Last edited by dark_samus3,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The official rxtools 2.6 doesn't support downgraded mset, so it won't work anyway, but he can use the 3.0b8 or the latest nnightly which support 9.2 with 6.X mset.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The official rxtools 2.6 doesn't support downgraded mset, so it won't work anyway, but he can use the 3.0b8 or the latest nnightly which support 9.2 with 6.X mset.
Plus asking him to downgrade his mset on emuNAND is just dumb and will not serve any purpose, only make him unable to access NNID settings at all. :P

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still cant get this to work. I;m using the latest nightly build of rxtools 3.0 too. anytime i go to the ds profile it crashes the system and automatically restarts
EDIT: nvm got it working a couple of days ago. just restored a fresh nand back up and reinstalled mset (6.x this time not 4.x) and now it works fine

Last edited by BMO,

anewaccount

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll probably do this then once a more stable release comes out, since according to this I'd best stay away from it for now.

Thanks for all the help, and good luck to BMO getting it to work.

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably do this then once a more stable release comes out, since according to this I'd best stay away from it for now.

Thanks for all the help, and good luck to BMO getting it to work.
I ended up getting it working a few days i ago i shouldve updated my post lol

anewaccount

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up getting it working a few days i ago i shouldve updated my post lol
Nice, glad to see it's functional.

EDIT: Got a bit impatient and just got it done with the nightly. For thosr having the same issue, I managed to find this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
I'm not sure if I just didn't see the mentions of the nightly or if that part was added recently, but the guides I'd found never mentioned it. This one's worth checking out.

Last edited by anewaccount,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1