Misc cant connect to wifi...

WhyteWynd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, the title says it all. I have an m3 lite and a passcard 3 and i can't connect to wifi. I have a wireless router and when i try to connect it has the green bars for a bit, but by the end they dissapear and i get an error (5-something..).

Help?

Thanks.

Also, before i got an m3 i could connect fine with actual games.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
It would help to know the exact error message.
And when are you seeing these green bars? Connecting in a game or from the WFC settings (test connection)?

WhyteWynd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay, ill be exactly precise

1. I see the green bars during testing a connection, and when i actually try to connect in game, both times they appear, stay for a while, then dissapear before its done connecting.

2. The exact error code is : "Error Code: 52100, Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. Confirm connection settings and access point settings. For help, visit www.nintendowifi.com."

Yupp, im guessing it has to do with the fact that im using an m3 and i downloaded the game, but i mean, do other roms wifis work? or does wifi just not work with m3?

Thanks.

kladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a regular M3 SD, and WiFi work just fine. Played Tetris, Mariokart, Metroid Prime. Sometime I got an erro with Tetris saying something about, ''card not resgistered'' and the connection would closed.

MunkeeMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you have to flash your Nintendo or something. Maybe it forces your game to check for an RSA signature on your cart...although I don't know why it would do that.

WhyteWynd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm well, the game im trying is "CLubhouse games". my connection is through a wireless router which has worked before(non-roms though). It connects for a few seconds then loses it on both test and actual game connecting. I get the error i listed in my pervious post and so on.

I'm not sure why it doesnt work.

rhfb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm well, the game im trying is "CLubhouse games". my connection is through a wireless router which has worked before(non-roms though). It connects for a few seconds then loses it on both test and actual game connecting. I get the error i listed in my pervious post and so on.

I'm not sure why it doesnt work.
Same exact problem here, maybe it is the game?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify and narrow down the problem a little, when doing the test connection, are you using a rom or a real game? Or does the test connection work on both?

The only time I've seen something similar to this is at my parents house. This is because their connection can't handle any sort of online gaming, so the DS will connect for a test connection just fine, but only stay connected for a minute or two in a game.

Only other thing I can think of is try a few different games, not just the same one. And make sure you're patching it correctly with the M3 Game Manager (although I don't know if that affects it).

If all else fails, see if the store you bought it from will replace the M3 and/or Passcard3.

Edit: It could be the game, it's a fairly new release, correct? So perhaps it isn't well-supported just yet. As I said before, try a different game.

D

Deleted User

Try using the "42 Alltime Classics" backup instead. Same dog different leg action.

chicken64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only time I've seen something similar to this is at my parents house. This is because their connection can't handle any sort of online gaming, so the DS will connect for a test connection just fine, but only stay connected for a minute or two in a game.

I had that, but it wasn't my connection that was the problem, it was my modem/router, but then a few weeks later that (the modem/router) stopped working, got a new one and DS gaming works fine on WiFi now.
smile.gif

Although, I haven't tested Roms on WiFi much, most I've tried was the sync. with Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 MOTM, but that worked fine, (even without friends having it - I live in the UK, not released/friends don't have flash carts etc).

Anyway, just a suggestion that if you're having the problem with retail games and Roms it could just be the old modem/router. Maybe a firmware update will fix it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb