Homebrew Cant compile 3ds code

gk090328

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cant compile my 3ds code ive tried compiling on windows, debian buster and wsl

Linux says please set devkitarm to your enviroment but compiles examples

Wsl says the same thing as linux

Windows says a bunch of unused stuff and then says collect2 exit with -1.
will post all the windows stuff later (a few hours)
Windows allso compiles other stuff

The code is mine and not verry serious i can post if needed

Last edited by gk090328,

gk090328

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you
Code:
export DEVKITARM=<path to>devkitARM
?
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here is the windows output

linking hello-world.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: boss.o: in function `boss()':
C:/Users/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/source/boss.cpp:17: undefined reference to `mariohp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/source/boss.cpp:17: undefined reference to `yoshihp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: main.o: in function `main':
C:/Users/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/source/main.cpp:96: undefined reference to `p'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/source/main.cpp:96: undefined reference to `yoshihp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/source/main.cpp:96: undefined reference to `bosshp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/source/main.cpp:96: undefined reference to `mariohp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: mario.o: in function `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)':
c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\11.1.0/ostream:611: undefined reference to `bosshp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\11.1.0/ostream:611: undefined reference to `damageyoshi'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\11.1.0/ostream:611: undefined reference to `yoshihp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: yoshi.o: in function `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)':
c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\11.1.0/ostream:611: undefined reference to `bosshp'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\11.1.0/ostream:611: undefined reference to `damagemario'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\11.1.0/ostream:611: undefined reference to `mariohp'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/3ds_rules:42: /home/Sarbjit/Desktop/hello-world/hello-world.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:168: all] Error 2

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Its a gba dev place

My code is for the 3ds

Ill wait for Fast 6191

The registration is annoying
Devkit was around quite long.

They might still be helpful with the initial setup...

Its been solved
it was somthing wrong in my code
Fascinating.
Maybe share /what/ was wrong ? for future reference ?

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqoIMLQTzE