Can't boot Windows ISO in UEFI mode

Vullurian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im trying to install Win10 to my new FreeDOS laptop but when i select the boot mode as "UEFI with CSM" it boots straight to BIOS so i can't access the boot device screen unless i change it to legacy (which i dont want to use). Im using an USB Win10 ISO /w rufus.

What should i do?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does all of your hardware support UEFI? When in your BIOS, is there more than one setting for your boot priority (my desktop has stuff like "USB" and "UEFI USB" or something like that. My video card is a dual-bios. I have to use a switch for UEFI mode, or nothing will boot.

Either way, you should really be searching Google for your problem with your computer model as one of the keywords

Reactions: VinsCool

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your UEFI firmware has an option to start an EFI shell, or to browse devices for EFI files to launch, see if you can navigate to your USB drive's EFI/boot folder, and if you can, you should be able to just run bootx64.efi (or whatever it's named) directly, which should start Windows setup.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you want to boot Windows from usb (using Rufus),

Make sure to choose "sheme BIOS OR UEFI" and "windows to go".
If windows to go isn't available, please redownload the iso.

Using that option, you're sure it's bootable for devices that doesn't support as well.

To make a Windows install stick:
Again choose for "sheme for BIOS OR UEFI". Don't select Windows 2 go this time.

NOTE: Some devices like IBM/Lenovo, it's required you format your USB pen as FAT32!

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know all modern computers have the option to set the boot drive order in bios. You might be able for instance to make it always boot from the usb drive first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.