Hacking Cant boot into sysnand after a9lh installation

filrus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi everyone i succesfully installed a9lh on my eur n3ds but i ve got one problem, i cant boot into sysnand.
I was trying luma nightly, different arm9loaderhax.bin files but nothing works, just black screen.
All the tools like hourglass or emunand9 works perfectly when i boot them by pressing power on+start or select.
Thanks in advance.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
I could be wrong here, but I was under the impression that if you followed Plailects guide, you always boot to Sysnand.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Try holding Select as you boot to make sure "updated sysNAND" is ticked in config.

If that doesn't work, try redownloading arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 5.5.

If that doesn't work try the one from Luma 5.2.

If that doesn't work either then I don't have any other ideas.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
still nothing. I also again restore emunand_original.bin but also doesnt work
I see... try all Quantumcat's mentioned methods first.
If it still doesn't work then try with a spare fresh SD card with just latest Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin, do the Luma3DS initial setup and see if it boots fine in sysNAND.

filrus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see... try all Quantumcat's mentioned methods first.
If it still doesn't work then try with a spare fresh SD card with just latest Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin, do the Luma3DS initial setup and see if it boots fine in sysNAND.
Whats mean initial setup?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Whats mean initial setup?
It will by default show you Luma3DS settings. Make sure you checkmark "Updated sysNAND"
If it still shows blank screen then I suspect that the backup you flashed might not be proper one...
Flash original backups using hourglass9 so that you don't lose A9LH by any chance.

Last edited by Just3DS,

filrus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Turn your 3DS off.
2. Hold the Select button
3. While still holding the button, turn on your console
4. In the config menu that comes up, tick "updated sysNAND".
5. Press Start to reboot

Let us know if that fixes the problem or not.
Still nothing. i was trying launch sysnand with only arm9loaderhax.bin on sd and only with luma files. None of them works

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Still nothing. i was trying launch sysnand with only arm9loaderhax.bin on sd and only with luma files. None of them works
Did you successfully get into the menu and make sure updated sysNAND was ticked? Try redownloading the Luma 5.5 files and recopy the arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card. If that doesn't work, try Luma 5.2.
Edit: also try deleting the config file off your SD so the menu comes up automatically on boot.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
do you have any other 9.x+ nand backups and make sure you have the [autoboot sysnand] option selected in the luma configuration (just incase you still have a bricked 2.x emunand on your sd

filrus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you successfully get into the menu and make sure updated sysNAND was ticked? Try redownloading the Luma 5.5 files and recopy the arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card. If that doesn't work, try Luma 5.2.
Edit: also try deleting the config file off your SD so the menu comes up automatically on boot.
Yes i go into meny by pressing select+ power on, i check sysnand is updated(a9lh only) and press start. black screen. When i hard reset and press select+power on i need to check again sysnand is updated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you have any other 9.x+ nand backups and make sure you have the [autoboot sysnand] option selected in the luma configuration (just incase you still have a bricked 2.x emunand on your sd
i have sysnand_original.dat

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something like this happened to me. When you turn it on and you get the black screen, eject the SD card. It should boot you back to the home menu. From that point, I went to settings and formatted the console.

Reactions: Quantumcat

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i go into meny by pressing select+ power on, i check sysnand is updated(a9lh only) and press start. black screen. When i hard reset and press select+power on i need to check again sysnand is updated
Do you have the luma folder on your SD card's root? It sounds like from that sentence that's not saving the settings and it needs that luma folder.

filrus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Something like this happened to me. When you turn it on and you get the black screen, eject the SD card. It should boot you back to the home menu. From that point, I went to settings and formatted the console.
i cant go to normal sysnand cuz of a9lh i cant boot wythout sdcard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Only the Jaguar could run something so advanced! lol +1