OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there. So I was following a tutorial on how to put on rxtools on my old 3ds xl (I downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2) and I can't seem to boot into sys or emunand through rxtools, but yes I can launch into rxtools at most. (Using nightly coldboot)

I seem to always get a black screen, I did all the fbi installs and etc. got all the files I needed, I assume this might be a run in with the menu hax since I use the L button while booting to launch a boot manager, but I'm not entirely sure. If anyone has some input or even a better alternate method to have rxtool's cfw and possibly having other cfws available for booting from a manager, I'd appreciate that. I notice there's so many ways to do this, but I'm just not sure which was is the best. I've made it this far to be just stuck at a brick wall!

Thanks!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I don't get this..

You can't boot rxTools into sysnand nor emunand, but you did all the FBI install and stuf... How did you install FBI if you can't boot rxTools into sys/emunand???

If you can boot rxTools from the web browser but can't boot it from Menuhax just get ctrbootmanager, that should be good, I always had issues with rxTools.3dsx booting most of the time.

VGPRO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry maybe I didn't clarify, I manage to boot rxtools via holding L when booting (nightly cold boot, ergo not using the browser)

I get to the ctrbootmanager, and I pick rxtools. It launches. I then have the option of booting emnand or sysnand in rxmode by pressing x or y. No matter which option I choose, it leads to a black screen.

edit: I forgot to mention that I instaleld all the fbi stuff through the "advanced" tab in rxtools, so that worked at most.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't use type 2 menuhax activation until you've seperated nands and broken menuhax in emunand by changing themes once.. then reinstall menuhax in sysnand

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another CFW.

What sysupdater did you use to downgrade? The very first version was faulty, it wouldn't downgrade your Native Firm making all CFW useless.

VGPRO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
don't use type 2 menuhax activation until you've seperated nands and broken menuhax in emunand by changing themes once.. then reinstall menuhax in sysnand

So should I delete menuhax from my sd card or?

Try another CFW.

What sysupdater did you use to downgrade? The very first version was faulty, it wouldn't downgrade your Native Firm making all CFW useless.

0.4.2b

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone have any suggestions for foolproof CFW and methods? I'm getting a headache from all this haha

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just change the type of activation so a button has to be pressed to add activate, you should then be able to boot rxtools

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn