Hacking Question Can't boot emunand from SD Partition

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have an unpatched Erista where i have been using SXOS emunand without any problems, ofw is updated to 12.1.0
But since the team is gona and no new updates for long time, i desided to switch to Atmosphere
My old SXOS emunand was made as file on SD card, but since almost everyone suggest to use SD partition, i then desided to start all over
i used the guide to set up the SD card and make emunand "rentry .co / EristaEmuNAND"
Used latest Atmosphere files, latest Hekate/nyx, latest sigpatches from ITotalJustice

After doing all in the guide and trying to boot the console to emunand no matter if i use Hekate or Fusee-primary i end up getting, the sept splash, then Atmosphere splash, then the splash with the Atmosphere triangle, then the Nintendo Switch splash, after that it just go black
Have tried 3 diff SD cards, 64GB Netac, 64GB Samsung EVO+ and 128 GB Kingston, all the same

If i make a emunand as files on SD it all works, the same does it if i convert my old file SXOS emunand to be used with Atmosphere

I have been searching and making trail and error the last 4 days without finding a solution

So can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong since SD partition emunand won't work for me

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have an unpatched Erista where i have been using SXOS emunand without any problems, ofw is updated to 12.1.0
But since the team is gona and no new updates for long time, i desided to switch to Atmosphere
My old SXOS emunand was made as file on SD card, but since almost everyone suggest to use SD partition, i then desided to start all over
i used the guide to set up the SD card and make emunand "rentry .co / EristaEmuNAND"
Used latest Atmosphere files, latest Hekate/nyx, latest sigpatches from ITotalJustice

After doing all in the guide and trying to boot the console to emunand no matter if i use Hekate or Fusee-primary i end up getting, the sept splash, then Atmosphere splash, then the splash with the Atmosphere triangle, then the Nintendo Switch splash, after that it just go black
Have tried 3 diff SD cards, 64GB Netac, 64GB Samsung EVO+ and 128 GB Kingston, all the same

If i make a emunand as files on SD it all works, the same does it if i convert my old file SXOS emunand to be used with Atmosphere

I have been searching and making trail and error the last 4 days without finding a solution

So can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong since SD partition emunand won't work for me
Witch tool did you use to create your hidden partition ?

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@Draxzelex
Yes it is

@Maupiti
I used the buildin tool in Hekate

Last night i tried again, now using Atmos 0.20.1 and Hekate 5.6.0, that is working
So deleted the SD completely again and started over with with Atmos 0.19.5 and Hekate 5.5.8, just to rule out if i might had done something wrong last time, but that still doesn't work for me

So its now running on Atmos 0.20.1 without any probs

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i mean i dont know who everyone is recommending sd partition
sd files is just better in general it allows quick backup and restore of emunand without any modification and allows quick transfer from sxos to atmos without any work

its literal only downside is being able to delete it on the fly but you would need to be a special kinda person to do that
the only real reason most people originally even used partition based is because file based wasnt supported originally

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up