Hacking Can't boot custom FW with Emunand? (SX Pro)

epiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

My switch is 6.0.0
My SD is a Sandisk 256GB
SX Pro 5.2.3

Just followed these steps:
- Put boot.dat in the SD
- Boot SX Pro, create emunand on the SD
- Try to boot with Custom FW without emunand to generate the license-request.dat file (emunand was disabled because the license wasn't activated yet)
- Activate the license online, put the file in the SD (along with boot.dat which had disappeared after created the emunand, seems it formatted the sd card)
- When I try to boot with the custom FW with emunand I have a black screen and nothing I can do... It works well when the emunand is disabled.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

epiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a new sd card (formatted in exfat), the emunand is well created (I can see the files in it)
Sandisk Ultra 256GB microsd XC class 10 A1

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,

My switch is 6.0.0
My SD is a Sandisk 256GB
SX Pro 5.2.3

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Hi my friend, I also had a similar problem. My OFW is on 5.1 and it does not have exfat support and my sd Card 128gb was in exfat. Then I tried to create emunand but it did not work. Here is what I have done then it worked fine.

Firstly, make sure your dongle is charged in case you are using it. (A blue light will blink then it must be solid green - so SX OS will start) then:

1) Create and emunand, enable it and then Backup/Copy your created emunand and files from your SD card to PC.
2) Format your SD card to Fat32 using windows utility
3) Copy the emunand and Files from your PC to SD card and use the latest boot.dat from SX OS (2.6.1)
4) Try to boot the emunand - and it should boot correctly once your card is in Fat32 (enter album and look if on the right upper corner if it's
written Emunand)
5) If you want to use exfat (so you can enjoy files larger than 4GB) > use choirdujourn to update your emunand to 7.0.1 with exfat support - Guide here (follow the guide to the letter)
6) Now your Emunand firmware should be compatible with exfat
7) Backup/Copy your files and emunand to your pc
8) Format Your SD card to exfat (so you can enjoy files larger than 4GB)
9) Put back your files to your SD card and boot sx os
10) Your emunand with exfat support should now boot
11) Profit.

Last edited by darkseekerliu,

epiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At this point my SD is formatted in fat32. When updating the emunand to 7.0.1 I have to chose the the normal 7.0.1, not the exfat one, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol