Hacking cant back up my Nand

2ball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed hbc and I tried to install bootmii as boot2 and it said I was successful. When I boot the wii with the sd card in I just get a black screen. It will boot up with out the sd card. I have installed it and reinstalled it, still the same thing happens. I pressed forward with the soft mod and I can play backup games. I have a wii from the 1st 6 months of launch.

Any ides what I need to do to back up my Nand?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you installed bootmii and you get a blackscreen with the SD in the wi with the bootmii files on it?

firstly, try a different SD card as bootmii doesnt read certain cards i dont think, it'll write the files to the card but will not read them. for example i dont think it works with SDHC cards (4gb or more) and certainly formatted cards like it either has to be formatted to FAT or FAT32 or something

also, make sure the card you're using to backup is bigger than 512 megabytes, preferably 1-2GB so the nand will fit on it and not error out half way.

it's been ageeeees since i've been here so i'm a bit rusty with remembering haha
tongue.gif
but it's along those lines

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
This is from the FAQ from http://bootmii.org/faq/

I installed BootMii/boot2, but it doesn't come up when I boot my Wii.

Try booting with no SD card inserted. If you see a brief set of flashes from the blue slot LED right after you hit the power button, try a different SD card. Make sure you have a directory named "bootmii" with the "armboot.bin" and "ppcboot.elf" files inside.

If you do not see those flashes, BootMii/boot2 is not installed.

Try reformating your card and start again or use another

2ball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
# BootMii config file
# Created by bootmii config editor

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=3

above are my settings I have a ntsc wii so my videosettings look right.

I am using a cheap A-Data 2 gig sd card.
I will reformat the card and try again.

when I turn on the wii with no card I do get the immeadiate flash followed by 2 or 3 quick flashes.

2ball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reformatted my sd card to fat32 and it did not work. I will try another card and see what happens.

Can I copy the programs on my sd card to my computer and put them back on the new sd card or do I have to download them again and start all over?

Can I get a 4or 8 gb sandisk sd card or do I have to add a cios to get it to work? (3.4U)

2ball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I copy the programs on my sd card to my computer and put them back on the new sd card or do I have to download them again and start all over?

Can I get a 4or 8 gb sandisk sd card or do I have to add a cios to get it to work? (3.4U)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1