Can't access the Homebrew Launcher

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Neo-Tech, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Neo-Tech
    OP

Neo-Tech Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    I'm having trouble trying to access the Homebrew Launcher from my SD card. Whenever I go to loadiine.ovh and try to access the Homebrew Launcher I get that "Could not load file /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf" error.

The directories and the .elf file are in the right place, and everything's spelled properly. I even formatted it over and over again to Fat32.

Also, it's a SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC UHS-I card.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Last edited by Neo-Tech, Jan 28, 2017
  2. EvilBakura

EvilBakura Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2011
    Italy
    Is it a normal SD card or micro SD card + adapter?

For some reason the same thing happened to me, it was a 32 GB micro sdhc + adapter, class 10, nothing, everything was set correctly with folders, format etc

Then i tried a 16 GB normal SDHC card, class 4, and everything works fine since

3. Neo-Tech
    OP

Neo-Tech Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Just the SD card. Thing is, it works one time and then it doesn't the next. I loaded the CFW Booter from it when it did work, but when I go back into loadiine.ovh, it gives that same error.

4. EvilBakura

EvilBakura Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2011
    Italy
    I suggest you to try a different SD card if you have one, that fixed the problem for me

5. Neo-Tech
    OP

Neo-Tech Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Don't have any others on me right now at the moment. Which brand or type would you recommend?

6. EvilBakura

EvilBakura Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2011
    Italy
    The 16 GB one that i use for Wii U is a EMTEC class 4 one, can't say it's the best one around but i never get errors with that

7. Neo-Tech
    OP

Neo-Tech Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    I'm guessing it's the SD card since it keeps giving that error most of the time.

Also just tried using the same SD card for saving a snapshot in Smash just to test it, but I couldn't see the image when I opened the album.

8. Neo-Tech
    OP

Neo-Tech Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Sorry it took a while. But still, can't leave this thread hanging without the problem fixed. ;)

I got my hands on a Samsung Evo+ 32GB microSD card. It works whenever I access the Homebrew Launcher a second time. It's not giving me the error anymore. Guess you're right, it is the SD card.

9. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    MicroSD vs SD will NEVER be the problem, that's just now how the SD/SDHC/SDXC standard works. They work exactly identically, the only difference is form factor. I use a 128GB MicroSD in an SD adapter, no problems using both homebrew and redNAND.