3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am using Waninkoko's Safe Updater and somewhere, in the middle, on ONE specific IOS, it stops working and returns me back to HBC. I'm not sure as I never watch it, but I know that something is wrong. I've tried it two times, it failed, no NAND backup, but it works fine, still!

And Beatles Rock Band won't work either.
hate2.gif

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend using the 4.2 Safe Updater, as it doesn't trucha patch all your IOSs like Wanin's does. If it still errors out, then that particular IOS is corrupted.

And to fix that, just redownload the IOS using NUSD or something, and overwrite it with WadManager.

Posts merged

I recommend using the 4.2 Safe Updater, as it doesn't trucha patch all your IOSs like Wanin's does. If it still errors out, then that particular IOS is corrupted.

And to fix that, just redownload the IOS using NUSD or something, and overwrite it with WadManager.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I AM using Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater, it cuts off and won't go anywhere unless it installs that file, which refuses to install at all.

I only want the updates to Beatles and Wii Shop, basically. It also needs 4.2, that's why I need this.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to try getting the Safe Updater now, to try that.

I want some points, actually for Club Nintendo, too. And i got a hacking prog to get Wii Points. (NOT MINE, and I won't give it here to avoid the forum rules)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's just as much chance bricking it with waninkokos as there is through nintendo.At least nintendo will fix it if the update bricks the wii.

Your buying into all the crap you read here about 4.2 bricking wiis

Read hackmii.com bushing even says that there's just as much risk with one of there up daters as there is with nintendos.

Me personally I've updated four wiis all through nintendo to 4.2U and everyone of them worked just fine and i did them all within the first week of 4.2 being released.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
There's just as much chance bricking it with waninkokos as there is through nintendo.At least nintendo will fix it if the update bricks the wii.

Your buying into all the crap you read here about 4.2 bricking wiis

Read hackmii.com bushing even says that there's just as much risk with one of there up daters as there is with nintendos.

Me personally I've updated four wiis all through nintendo to 4.2U and everyone of them worked just fine and i did them all within the first week of 4.2 being released.

Yeah, my Wii can randomly disconnect (which won't affect homebrew, just slow it down) from the Internet, placing my Wii at risk with Nintendo. And Nintendo will fix it if there is NO homebrew on it, and since I've edited the NAND of the Wii, that makes my Wii's warranty void. Sorry, pal.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo isnt gonna care whats on your bricked wii.Chances are they can't even see whats on it any way.

They just outsource the repairs to other shops outside nintendo who will just verify that the wii will not boot and then they will send a refurbished one back to you.

Search this forum and you will found 9 out of 10 people who sent bricked wiis to nintendo and had hbc ext on them still got a refurbed back at no cost to them.

Stop being paranoid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E