Cannot unbrick PSP-2003 using Pandora

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dabossman, Dec 9, 2010.

Dec 9, 2010
  1. dabossman
    OP

Newcomer dabossman Newbie

United Arab Emirates
    Today I tried to upgrade to 5.00-M33 from 3.90 M33-3 on a PSP-2003.

The upgrade appeared to be successful, then following a reboot all I get is a black screen and constant green light. To completely switch off the PSP I have to hold the power button up for atleast 10 seconds.

I have a pandora battery (which successfully hacked another PSP-2003) and Magic Memory Stick (created using Rains Ultra Lite MMS 500 v12).

Unfortunately with the Pandora battery and MMS installed I am unable to get anything but a black screen using the L button. I am also unable to access the Recovery Menu using the R button.

I have tested that the Pandora battery and MMS work on another PSP using the L button. The menu appears as you would expect.

I am at a loss on how to progress and think I am looking at a hardware fault.

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    D.

2. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    What did you use to upgrade to 5.00m33? Hellcat's Recovery Flasher probably, but which version, 1.5 or 1.6?

3. dabossman
    OP

United Arab Emirates
    Hi there,

I just downloaded Dark Alex's 5.00M33 (put in root of Memory card) along with the 5.00 updater (in the GAME folder).

It seemed to install fine, but I think I forced the PSP off rather than button pressed for the reboot.

Thanks
    D

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Try inserting the pandora battery while holding L and it should boot up by auto (Don't turn the PSP on by normal to do it).

5. dabossman
    OP

United Arab Emirates
    Been trying that, but no success.

The same actions on another PSP-2003 do bring up the menu, so to me that proves that both the Pandora and MMS are working and possibly the problem is more hardware orientated.

Thanks
    D.

6. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    i was thinking that the other PSP could have been a 88v3 spoofing its firmware, and you updating totally bricked it, but i don't know if the tool you used actually checks if it's a 88v3 before flashing firmware (I know Recovery Flasher 1.5 does not, but 1.6 does)

7. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    But he said he was already on an m33 firmware. Just upgrading from 3.90 m33 to 5.50 m33. Didn't read you right. Idk how or why a PSP would spoof it's firmware though.

Anyway, I don't see what would cause a problem unless it shouldn't have been a direct upgrade like that.