Cannot start the application (CE-32930-7) error after DB restore

Faran Maqsood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I recently got a curropted database error while installing an FPKG. Luckily I had a DB backup that I had made using prb123.ir.

I was able to get back all of my games but some of them give an error when attempting to play them.

I currently have two external 4TB hard drives attached to my PS4 pro on 9.00. One is set as Mount Point 0 and the other one as Mount Point 1. I use App2USB to transfer games to them. After the DB restore, only the FPKGs installed to MountPoint 0 work. Games linked to Mount Point 1 give an CE-32930-7 error when I attempt to launch them. I see the HDD indicator on the second hard dribe flash when attempting to launch those games but it errors out.

I looked around online but could not find any relevant posts. I've tried restoring the DB multiple times with the second hard drives both attached and removed but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know why it happens and how to fix it? I have rebuilt the PS4's database with PS4 db rebuilder as it has a limit of 500 titles and my current library exceeds that so it gives an error when trying to rebuild the database.

Solution
Might have to reinstall but the package should be still on mount point 1, the system just create symlink for them.
I guess that's an option if nothing else works. Does anyone know why the PS4's database corrupts when installing an FPKG? Is there a limit on the number of FPKGs or the total size? I recently updated my PS4 internal HDD because my old one died and was in the process of reinstalling all my packages when it happened. I think I had about 82 FPKGs with a total file size of about 800GB in queu for installation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a curropted database error while installing an FPKG. Luckily I had a DB backup that I had made using prb123.ir.

I was able to get back all of my games but some of them give an error when attempting to play them.

I currently have two external 4TB hard drives attached to my PS4 pro on 9.00. One is set as Mount Point 0 and the other one as Mount Point 1. I use App2USB to transfer games to them. After the DB restore, only the FPKGs installed to MountPoint 0 work. Games linked to Mount Point 1 give an CE-32930-7 error when I attempt to launch them. I see the HDD indicator on the second hard dribe flash when attempting to launch those games but it errors out.

I looked around online but could not find any relevant posts. I've tried restoring the DB multiple times with the second hard drives both attached and removed but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know why it happens and how to fix it? I have rebuilt the PS4's database with PS4 db rebuilder as it has a limit of 500 titles and my current library exceeds that so it gives an error when trying to rebuild the database.
If it had been extended storage, you could've used hen to repopulate the database. Doesn't app2usb create a symlink to the external hdd?

Faran Maqsood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If it had been extended storage, you could've used hen to repopulate the database. Doesn't app2usb create a symlink to the external hdd?
That was my undetstanding as well. I think the symlink is still there as the games give me a different error when starting the game with the drive unplugged and I can see the hdd indicator flashing when attempting to launch the game with the secind hard drive plugged in.

I prefer to use App2USB because we get frequent power outages where I live and having the extended storage scan and rebuild database after almost every power outage was starting to become more trouble than it was worth.

I guess I still have the option to reinstall all the games currently not working but that is going to take a lot of time. I was hoping someone had come across a similar issue and could guide me on how to fix it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Might have to reinstall but the package should be still on mount point 1, the system just create symlink for them.

Faran Maqsood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I guess that's an option if nothing else works. Does anyone know why the PS4's database corrupts when installing an FPKG? Is there a limit on the number of FPKGs or the total size? I recently updated my PS4 internal HDD because my old one died and was in the process of reinstalling all my packages when it happened. I think I had about 82 FPKGs with a total file size of about 800GB in queu for installation.

Last edited by Faran Maqsood,
Solution

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's an option if nothing else works. Does anyone know why PS4 dagabase corrupts when insgalling an FPKG? Is there a limit on the number of FPKGs or the total size? I revently updated my PS4 internal HDD because my old one died and was in the process of reinstalling all my packages when it happened. I think I had about 82 FPKGs with a total file size of about 800GB in queu for installation.

Don't think there is a limit, there was one guy with like 2000 games, it is recommended once a while to do a database backup. Since you have app2usb may as well check the drive health.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's an option if nothing else works. Does anyone know why PS4 dagabase corrupts when insgalling an FPKG? Is there a limit on the number of FPKGs or the total size? I revently updated my PS4 internal HDD because my old one died and was in the process of reinstalling all my packages when it happened. I think I had about 82 FPKGs with a total file size of about 800GB in queu for installation.
If you mean, at once, I don't know if there's a limit, but I installed all my games once a long time ago. It was probably around 800GBs. It shouldn't have corrupted the database.

Reactions: Faran Maqsood

Faran Maqsood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I'm currently in the same situation as you were, did you reinstall and linked all the fpks again or found another way? Thanks.
I've run a couple of tests. I think my issue might be related to me using an hdd enclosure. I have another 4TB ordered in. Will update this post if using that one solves this issue. I wanna try all my options before I move to reinstalling everything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend, lightning mods, has an error database in one of his apps. it's either part of the hb store or a standalone. you should be able to get either from pkg-zone. that's his website.
Post automatically merged:

alright, I found it via discord:

https://github.com/LightningMods/PS4-Error-Code-Explorer/releases

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow