Jake9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
First time poster, long time lurker. I would first and foremost like to extend a thank you to all who have contributed to these forums and continue to do so, I certainly would not have gotten as far as I have with my Wii without you.

Now A little background info:
My Wii is Black, Backwards Compatible with Gamecube games, SN: LU155504743, Model No. RVL-001(USA)

I have managed to successfully install The Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 IOS58 V24.32, USB Launcher GX Rev1262 IOS250(Rev 65535)+AHB (d2x v10beta53.alt base57), Nintendont V4.436, and Priiloader ver0.8.
Through these successful installations, I have been able to successfully play my Wii and Gamecube backups through USB Loader GX, which the Wii boots straight into!

In an effort to also play my VC and Wiiware games, I created an emuNAND which I dumped my real NAND into. This worked well for playing many of my virtual console titles and some of my Wiiware. However several of my VC titles, specifically several N64 titles (Mario Party 2, Yoshi's Story, etc.), and most of my Wiiware, seems to have compatibility issues with emuNAND.

Upon researching this, I found that for near complete compatibility I should install Neek onto my Wii. I have attempted to install neek2o onto both my SD card and my USB HDD on multiple occasions and have been unable to successfully do so. I have used guides provided by Clutz450 and Cyan that both involve the use of Mod Mii to generate neek kernals to be placed within my SD card and/or USB HDD. I have used guides for both UNEEK and SNEEK installations. Every installation procedure I try seems to yield a black screen when I try to boot into neek.

I've read the first time you boot into neek, it will likely take some time. I've waited on a black screen for up to 30 minutes with no change. During this time my Wiis Disc drive flashes blue every 3 seconds.

I would like to know if anyone had any advice or suggestions for me. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide that might make assistance easier.

Thank you.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. First, how is your drive partitioned? It needs to be MBR with the first partition being FAT32 containing your neek folder.
2. The newer neek2o doesn't work properly if you're just using /nand/ for your dump. It must be in /nands/<somename>/
3. If you have a large number of titles installed on your NAND dump it may never boot. The system menu wasn't designed to handle more than 48 titles. They should still load when launched from USB Loader GX, though.

Blue flashing usually indicates it couldn't initialize the NAND filesystem (incorrect partitioning.)

Reactions: FishMonkey

Jake9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. My drive has two partitions. They are both set to primary. The larger of the two is formatted NTFS (for Wii games) and the smaller of the two is formatted FAT32 (For Gamecube games). The SD card is also formatted as FAT32 in a single partition and is where emuNAND is stored. Not entirely sure how to make sure my HDD FAT32 partition is MBR. Would I benefit from switching the NTFS partition to Logical?
2. I didn't know that but I'll make that change now.
3. There are more than 48 titles installed so would you recommend testing a successful installation of neek via individual games with the settings switched to use neek?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Last edited by Jake9,

Jake9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive was not MBR. Reformatting everything correctly and will retest. Thank you for your help. Sorry for the double post.

Reactions: GreyWolf

Jake9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After much reformatting and moving files back and forth and altering paths accordingly, I have been able to get the previously incompatible VC titles running properly!

For some reason I seem unable to attain a configuration in which Wii, Gamecube, and the previously incompatible VC games all run without problem. I'm going to play around with the ports some more and maybe attempt a SNEEK installation instead of UNEEK. Wii/Gamecube games run fine until the USB Drive with neek/emunand is inserted, then it they don't wanna play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1