Cannot run NNU Patcher

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by annoyingcalc, Feb 8, 2016.

1. annoyingcalc
    OP

annoyingcalc GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    United States
    I have a Wii U on 5.4.0 spoofed to 5.5.1, and I had successfully run NNU Patcher yesterday on a website which is currently offline. I tried selfhosting the exploit files and I can get all hacks working except for NNU Patcher. However, the crash is different than all other crashes I have had. It freezes while half showing video controls and half showing the previous page. When I load it from somewhere else I always get a black screen with video controls. Could someone help me out?

2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    How are you firing off NNU - Are you loading the regular Kernel first and then NNU as you're supposed to?

3. annoyingcalc
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    United States
    Regular OSDriver, then NNU.

4. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I know with my NNU self-hosted I needed to place it in a subfolder named nnu (or anything you fancy). When I go to @fiveighteen's packed self-hosting NNU site it just displays a Wiki page with the code in it on the WiiU. Not sure if that's something similar or not. I also think you need to run NNU patcher twice, similar to WUP Installer, but I could be mistaken.

5. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Someone mentioned that I didn't have the right thing in the DefinitivePackage (maybe a few weeks ago?), so I copied what should have been the correct files in. I haven't spoofed to test, but I didn't hear any more complaints, so I assumed it was good. Are you saying it still isn't working today, @Maximilious?

Last edited by fiveighteen, Feb 8, 2016
  6. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I'm not too sure, but I will check when I get home. The last package I got from you was when Loadiine 4 was released and I just worked around the NNU problem by putting the exploits in a different sub folder.

7. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Ah, I think it should be good now then (someone let me know if not and I'll try again lol).

Also, about the running it twice stuff: If it does indeed work like WUP Installer, than the first run is identical to running the OSDriver. So you could either do OSDriver then NNU Patcher, or just NNU Patcher twice. I do not know if that is the way it's built though, so I'd probably just stick with the former.

8. annoyingcalc
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    United States
    It is already in a subfolder called nnu.