eyeonus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on HOS v15.0.1, AMS v1.4.1.

I have attempted to install the game using Awoo, TinWoo, DBI (backend and MTP), with no success. I have triple checked to make sure everything, including sigpatches, is up to date.

In the MTP installation, when it fails, it also crashes DBI on the Switch.

I have attempted to install my own dump from my legitimate eShop purchase using nxdumptool, as well as copies provided via the nets from four different sites, with the same result as shown in the pictures linked below. It is highly unlikely that 5 different sources would all be corrupt, especially as one source was my own legally purchased copy.

In every case the installation fails. What is wrong?

Screenshots of what's going on:

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on HOS v15.0.1, AMS v1.4.1.

I have attempted to install the game using Awoo, TinWoo, DBI (backend and MTP), with no success. I have triple checked to make sure everything, including sigpatches, is up to date.

In the MTP installation, when it fails, it also crashes DBI on the Switch.

I have attempted to install my own dump from my legitimate eShop purchase using nxdumptool, as well as copies provided via the nets from four different sites, with the same result as shown in the pictures linked below. It is highly unlikely that 5 different sources would all be corrupt, especially as one source was my own legally purchased copy.

In every case the installation fails. What is wrong?

Screenshots of what's going on:

Unsure of the exact issue here, but my first thought is the SD card. What filesystem is it formatted to? Exfat tends to cause issues.

eyeonus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD card is in fat32. I think it might be important to note that TinWoo (& Awoo) fail immediately as soon as I choose where to install, whereas DBI doesn't fail until about halfway through installing the main .nca file

I've installed tons of games before on the same SD with no problems, although admittedly that was back when NSC_Builder was still being updated

This is the first time I've attempted to install after upgrading the Switch to 15.0.1

Last edited by eyeonus,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD card is in fat32, and it's unlikely to be the problem because I've also tried installing to system instead with the same results
A bad one can lead to that kind of problems and basically ALL KINDS of problems...

Test your entire mSD on PC with H2testw app.

If you find it's a fake mSD, ask for a full refund, if there's bad sectors and you are still under warranty get a replacement and if out of warranty try a full format to see if it can fix them (usually on PC with like windows when fixing it will usually tell to not write anything to those bad sectors, but I don't have any clue if it also work on Switch).

If it all checks out good, test installing the game from inside the mSD and if it still fails something might have gone corrupt in the game file it self or maybe another issue that someone here might know and might be able to help, no idea...

eyeonus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bad one can lead to that kind of problems and basically ALL KINDS of problems...

Test your entire mSD on PC with H2testw app.

If you find it's a fake mSD, ask for a full refund, if there's bad sectors and you are still under warranty get a replacement and if out of warranty try a full format to see if it can fix them (usually on PC with like windows when fixing it will usually tell to not write anything to those bad sectors, but I don't have any clue if it also work on Switch).

If it all checks out good, test installing the game from inside the mSD and if it still fails something might have gone corrupt in the game file it self or maybe another issue that someone here might know and might be able to help, no idea...
I tried installing the game directly from the nxdumptool dump to the SD card, and while that did finish when I was using DBI to do it, there was an error message during install and the game does not launch

Since the SD card is FAT32, I can't copy any of the versions I got from the net without splitting them, and after splitting them with NS-USBLoader, same problem-- installs if using DBI, doesn't run when launched.

I do not get any errors when doing file manipulations of any kind, only with trying to install this particular game, and this SD card has been working without issue for I think over a year now.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use goldleaf or others to completely uninstall the game, and remove it's tickets from your switch and reinstall from the mSD to see if it starts working. It also has a feature to reset game updates in case you installed updates if there's even one available already for that game...

But in case the mSD has bad sectors you won't ever fix anything until you fully test it to see if it's all good...

Reactions: BigOnYa

eyeonus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing the game directly from the nxdumptool dump to the SD card, and while that did finish when I was using DBI to do it, there was an error message during install and the game does not launch

Since the SD card is FAT32, I can't copy any of the versions I got from the net without splitting them, and after splitting them with NS-USBLoader, same problem-- installs if using DBI, doesn't run when launched.

I do not get any errors when doing file manipulations of any kind, only with trying to install this particular game, and this SD card has been working without issue for I think over a year now.
I have just finished installing the game to system using TinWoo.

Launching the game I get "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again."

I ran the file through the NSC_Builder's "decryption + signature + HASH verification" and everything passed, see attached.
Post automatically merged:

You can use goldleaf or others to completely uninstall the game, and remove it's tickets from your switch and reinstall from the mSD to see if it starts working. It also has a feature to reset game updates in case you installed updates if there's even one available already for that game...

But in case the mSD has bad sectors you won't ever fix anything until you fully test it to see if it's all good...
I'll look at goldleaf, but I'm not hopeful

Honestly, at this point, I'm considering backing up my emuMMC saves and stuff and doing a new backup of the sys, and then restoring the saves to the new emuMMC, because that would be less hassle than the two days I've spent so far trying to copy my new purchase to my CFW

Attachments

• Metroid Prime REMASTERED [010012101468C000][v0][US]-verify.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by eyeonus,
Reactions: binkinator

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tried installing another game to see what happens ?

How did you updated your sigpatches ? I remember having similar issues when I updated sigpatches through the AIO Updater, somehow it didn't worked that way and I had to update those manually (and I had triple checked at the time too, hence why I'm suggesting it)

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How did you updated your sigpatches ? I remember having similar issues when I updated sigpatches through the AIO Updater, somehow it didn't worked that way and I had to update those manually (and I had triple checked at the time too, hence why I'm suggesting it)
SigPatches would stop the titles from installing would they? Would stop them from starting for sure.

eyeonus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First check, I used the AIO updater homebrew that I installed using the HB App Store.
Double check, I searched google for "switch 15.0.1 sigpatches hekate" and ended up downloading "https://gbatemp.net/attachments/hekate-ams-package3-sigpatches-1-4-1-cfw-15-0-1-zip.349307"
Triple check, I followed the instructions in a subreddit, which used the sigpatches from "https://sigmapatches.coomer.party/sigpatches.zip?01.25.2023"

EDIT: I have not tried installing any other games at this point, but I have tried launching other games on the CFW and none of them have failed to launch, so if it is a sigpatches thing, I think it might only affect MPR, and not games that were released more than two days ago at time of writing.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf+Quark worked for me. Tinfoil on my second Switch worked without a hitch as well. These have always worked for me, maybe consider different methods if it turns out your SD is fine.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf+Quark worked for me. Tinfoil on my second Switch worked without a hitch as well. These have always worked for me, maybe consider different methods if it turns out your SD is fine.
I second this... Goldleaf installed it fine for me. Same CFW, Atmos

OnTheGoRepairs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have an old sdcard backup you can restore from? if something got messed up at some point, then maybe restoring to an old backup might do the trick... btw its always a good idea to make backups of the sdcard!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here