E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Howdy.

I just bought an Xbox 360 S Trinity, no HDD (I'm moving stuff with a 16 GB thumb drive).
I wanted to install Aurora since for some reason, the original owner didn't install it.
When trying to install Dashlaunch, this error shows up:

IMG_20210924_155323448.jpg

It says that it cannot install Dashlaunch on kernel 2.0.17559.0, although I'm using Dashlaunch v3.21.
Also, when opening the misc options on the Dashlaunch installer, at the lower left side of the screen says that is version 3.18 (Idk why) just like in this pic:

IMG_20210924_155720122.jpg

Tbh, Idk what to do. On other forums I've read that installing (or reinstalling) the latest kernel should do the trick, or that is missing the avatar update... anyway, I would like some help to sort this.

Thanks in advance.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you just have a Dashlaunch version that is older than the dashboard, so they are not compatible. With each new dash that MS releases, both a Xebuild for the nand image and a Dashlaunch version is updated for the new dash.

All it is, just install the newest version of Dashlaunch Like @godreborn suggested.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to not install dashlaunch with a nand build, but they say that's not really necessary anymore, so I now install dashlaunch into my nand build whenever I update. op, you're on the latest, and there probably won't be a new dash kernel ever again unless the tos is changed.

Reactions: brickmii82

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, no... it just says that kernel 17559 isn't supported, although I'm using latest Dashlaunch (the one @godreborn sent me).

WIN_20210924_16_59_11_Pro.jpg

Tbh, I don't know what is happening.
Would it have something to do with the lack of HDD? Or some kind of damage in the kernel update?

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only "abnormality" I see is the glitch2m type. Normally a Trinity is Glitch2 whether Ace, Coolrunner, or SRGH. I don't think you check it for CR4XL. IIRC its for winbond memory or fuse problems. You just bought it? No history?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only "abnormality" I see is the glitch2m type. Normally a Trinity is Glitch2 whether Ace, Coolrunner, or SRGH. I don't think you check it for CR4XL. IIRC its for winbond memory or fuse problems. You just bought it? No history?
Yep. Seller didn't told me anything about it, neither how to use it, if it had double NAND, or something useful.
Since offline consoles don't register the date of the achievements, not even I know when was the last time this console was used.

No, hdd isn't needed. Try dumping the flash and building a new nand with dashlaunch in it
Gonna try it.
Since it doesn't have Xell, it has 360 Usb Auto-Dumper, I will check a guide on how to use that.

EDIT: I just dumped the NAND with 360 Usb Auto-Dumper, and it's weird since there's only a couple of files that size around 1 MB in total. Since Idk how to use this utility, I could be doing something wrong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Seller didn't told me anything about it, neither how to use it, if it had double NAND, or something useful.
Since offline consoles don't register the date of the achievements, not even I know when was the last time this console was used.

Gonna try it.
Since it doesn't have Xell, it has 360 Usb Auto-Dumper, I will check a guide on how to use that.

EDIT: I just dumped the NAND with 360 Usb Auto-Dumper, and it's weird since there's only a couple of files that size around 1 MB in total. Since Idk how to use this utility, I could be doing something wrong.
You should use nand dumper 360. That's what I use anyway.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oh, yeah, I forgot about that. op, you need your cpu key when building a nand image.
We also need to figure out how to get your CPU key if Dashlaunch isn't opening up to get it and you dont have it. Xell doesn't boot with eject?
It doesn't boot Xell, it boots to 360 Usb Auto-Dumper Beta by Blackcat, but it dumped my CPU key and some data of the NAND to my thumb drive, so I'm guessing that's fine.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK... I think I bricked this.
I tried to create a custom NAND with Dashlaunch, and I didn't face any kind of error in the process neither of patching it or flashing it, but now the console turns on but doesn't display any image... so yeah, I think this is bricked.
Fuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs