Hacking Cannot get SMB3 VC working?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I cannot get Super Mario Bros 3 VC working, it keeps popping up with a black screen power down error all the time. I have also tried to change the header to a Card 2 128MB but still the same error, I was just wondering if anyone else had come across the problem and found a solution to it or is it just the case of you cannot use it until Gateway has broken the x7 protection? Sorry I don't know myself?

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 7.1 have you played it on 7.1 110% for sure? It seems strange its the only one that the error pops up with.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
99% sure, I'm not home atm so can't test, I will make sure in a bit

Its very strange bud cause I have tested several other games to make sure its not my M-SD card and also have tested it on both 3DS's to make sure its not the 3DS but the same error pops up on both and the rest of the roms work 100% fine so its not my M-SD card at fault. This is the first time I have come across the power down error apart from when my other 64GB M-SD card went fault but it did that error on every game and also you could not do anything with the M-SD card on your PC, it was locked.

I think somehow I have corrupted the save file/.sav file on the SD card which is causing it to error, cause every time I boot it up, it first says corrupted save file then resets and errors but I don't know the .sav file No. to the Super Mario Bros 3 game to delete it. Do you know which it is?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think somehow I have corrupted the save file/.sav on the SD card which is causing it to error, cause every time I boot it up, it first says corrupted save file but I don't know the .sav file No. to the Super Mario Bros 3 game to delete it. Do you know which it is?

It's a Card2 save game, its in the rom itself.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys!.

No did not trim it I put it straight on my exfat 64GB M-SD card but what I did first time around with the rom was header it and then tried it and I think it has somehow corrupted the save on my sd card because it says corrupted save file then it says reset and then it errors. Why I ran it through the header I don't know I think it was because I forgot and you need to run most roms through the header process first that was what went wrong. I might need to format my M-SD card and start again, I think it has corrupted it somehow? I looked at the title ID of the game but there is no 6E900 .sav file on my sd card but there should be the .sav file for SMB3, it must be a different title No. or something??? No matter what I do it first says save is corrupted and then resets and errors.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
all i can think of is that, the first release (the private beta i think) of gateway omega didn't support eshop games, and the later release did. (i think...)? :)
are you sure you are using the latest version?

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
all i can think of is that, the first release (the private beta i think) of gateway omega didn't support eshop games, and the later release did. (i think...)? :)
are you sure you are using the latest version?

Yeah because other games work like the e-shop release and the new Steamworld dig works fine.

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Weird just try extracting a fresh copy, you might of messed it up putting headers and such in, start with a fresh copy and see if the issue persists

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like its my M-SD card has craped out again! I have just done steamworld and its not working the same so I will have to format the card and start again or else its knackered or its not transffering the files across to the card properly!

Is there any way of running a fix on these M-SD cards without having to format and start again it looks like the card itself is corrupted and the files are not transferring properly onto it thats why there erroring!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.