Cannot boot to SYSNAND in rxTools or Cakes

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jdeath, Oct 31, 2015.

1. jdeath
    OP

jdeath Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Hello,
    I have an O3ds, running 9.0 sysnand and 10.1 emunand, with MenuHax autoboot (the new version).

I can autoboot into emunand no problem. But I cannot boot into sysnand in either rxMode, DevMode, or Cakes. It just reboots, and autoboot starts up as normal.

If I disable Menuhax at boot, sysnand comes up fine. However, I want to use DevMode to install a CIA into sysnand.

Any ideas?

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Well, you said sysnand works just fine when autoboot is disabled..
    guess you can just disable autoboot and go to Dev Mode.

3. jdeath
    OP

jdeath Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I meant sysnand works fine when I boot directly into it. I cannot run rxTools in sysnand mode.

4. ChrisN8

ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2015
    France
    After debug screen hold L or R or any button, since you want to boot in sysnand Themehax will be reloaded & it bootloop.

5. jdeath
    OP

jdeath Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I think that is what I do. I use L to get into the RXTools menu, go to DevMode and then it reboots and reloads themehax. On my other 3DS, when I do that it goes right into sysnand with signatures patched.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok. That worked (i think we were talking past each other).

I got into RxTools, went to boot DevMenu, then disabled Menuhax on that reboot. Then I got into devmode! Must be the difference between menuhax and the old themehax_installer.