Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear People,

Yesterday i tried installing CFW on an N3dsXL with Firmware 11.9.0 using the 3ds.guide step by step.

I followed al the steps on 3ds.guide and everything went perfect (i used the seedminer fredtool).
Untill Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS (the last 'finalizing setup' pagen on 3ds.guide)
boot into god mode. it did not work. when i hold start + on button, the blue light flashes for 3 seconds, both the screens flash for brief moment, and then the 3ds turns of.

So, next thing i did was to update luma. No results.

I've checked troubleshooting on de 3ds.guide site and tried the following:
///
Try resetting Luma’s config and fix options
  1. Delete /luma/config.bin from your SD card
  2. Set your options when it boots
    ////
no result.
Updated luma again, and after 3 time with no luck, mysteriously the fourth time it worked! I was able to boot into godmode.!

But after finalizing the setup and backup process in godmode (following the 3ds. guide)
I tried to boot in god mode but again, no luck.

I was looking for more info on this forum/google, and i've found some one who said i had to copy the 'gm9' forder again to my sd card, and overwrite the previous one.

so i copied the scripts & support folder to overwrite on my sd.
and i worked!. one time.. after that one time, still no luck getting into godmode.

after several tries i sometimes got into godmode, but i think it had something to do with the momentum of pressing / releasing the start button, because sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not.

I have read somewhere this is a common problem with the the latest 1.8.0 godmode version, and i should downgrade.
But the make a long story short (sorry for al the above) how do i downgrade my godmode version? And if i do this, do i need the follow the 3ds.guide again concerning installing godmode (like makin a new backup)?

please help,

sincerely
Twan

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if someone had another great id i should try, i would love to hear BTW..
thnx in advance

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks turdpoocharger..
it was quite a long discussion on the link you gave me, so for anyone interessed this is the final conclusion from the above the discussion:

-------------------------------------
Alright, this is locked now. Why? See above, there are >100 comments, and all are about the same. When using Luma 3DS to boot GodMode9 v1.8.0, with only one payload in the payloads folder, there are sometimes varying issues.

We checked the GodMode9 source code and tried everything we can, but we can't get that issue resolved on the side of GodMode9. There may be a way to fix it in Luma 3DS. Quoting @profi200 here:

Just leaving this here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/blob/master/arm9/source/firm.c#L256

It's probably this line breaking GM9's screen init. It inits the screens even though GM9 doesn't request it. This broke fastboot3DS some time ago until we added more checks to skip full screen init.

We do fully understand @TuxSH and @AuroraWright do not want to implement that fix right away and rather want to take their time testing it some more.

For the time being, it is not recommended to use Luma 3DS to boot GodMode9.firm. We suggest switching to fastboot3DS instead. Be aware that some reading and some configuration is required. An easier, noob-friendly way of setting up fastboot3DS is coming up, and I'll announce it when it is ready.

If you experience any issues booting GodMode9 with another chainloader (fastboot3DS, GodMode9), please open a new issue. If you think you got new info that could fix this, contact me or @Wolfvakelsewhere (GBAtemp, IRC, Discord, Reddit).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the solution above, (switchin to fastboot3ds) i have read for another 'solution' to tackle the problem in the same thread. And thats way easier, and it's working at mine 3ds.

Just put another .firm file in the luma/payloads folder. When you now try to boot to godmode(using start + on buttion) , you will have to make a choice between the two .firm files. Choose your 1.8.0 version and you are fine.

here is what i did:

I just ownloaded another version of godmode to be found here:
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.7.1

renamed the godmode9.firm file to godmode9v1.7.1.firm
and copy to the sd card in the luma/payloads folder
so no there are 2 files in my luma payloads folder:

godmode9.firm
godmode9v1.7.1.firm

now when you try to boot, you have to make a choice between the 2 godmodes...

I hope this wil help some people,

(and if some one thinks my 'workaround' is a reallly bad idea, pleas let me know)

wiiLike2Hacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is what i did:

I just ownloaded another version of godmode to be found here:
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.7.1

renamed the godmode9.firm file to godmode9v1.7.1.firm
and copy to the sd card in the luma/payloads folder
so no there are 2 files in my luma payloads folder:

godmode9.firm
godmode9v1.7.1.firm

now when you try to boot, you have to make a choice between the 2 godmodes...

I hope this wil help some people,

(and if some one thinks my 'workaround' is a reallly bad idea, pleas let me know)
Thanks for this. I am currently homebrewing my third 3DS and it's been a while so of course I was stumped when I got to this step. While I did your solution, I found I still could not load into godmode. So what I tried next was access the rosalina menu, rebooting within that, and held Start - and boom, it worked for me!

Reactions: Lijer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2