KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update *Cancelled without reason given*

Project sweat is a 2D ARPG to be released on Windows, Mac & Linux. The game aims to perfectly blend an addictive, challenging & fast pace combat system in a seamless multi-layered environment, with every single piece of content in the game being highly detailed sprites. We're giving you 3 truly unique characters to play with in this beautiful world, and when we say unique, we mean it; each character will have its own play style, reminiscent of different game titles and genres.

If the £45,000 stretch goal is met, then the game will be on ps3/4,Wii U and PS Vita.

:arrow:Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it appeared I would probably consider playing it (I have always wanted a proper fighting engine in non fighting games). Also, though it may be one of the few cases where it is technically correct, anybody that uses the phrase "multilayered" is not off to a good start in my book.

To that end I can not say I would chip in should I be inclined to do such things.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project sweat is a 2D ARPG to be released on Windows, Mac & Linux. The game aims to perfectly blend an addictive, challenging & fast pace combat system in a seamless multi-layered environment, with every single piece of content in the game being highly detailed sprites. We're giving you 3 truly unique characters to play with in this beautiful world, and when we say unique, we mean it; each character will have its own play style, reminiscent of different game titles and genres.

This description is just drowning in meaningless buzzwords.

Also, their Kickstarter page is littered with grammatical errors.

Direct Quote said:
Should the funding be successful, We can't foresee any problems for the games release. aside from the usual game dev risks, the only one that comes to mind is not receiving enough exposure or attention, but we also think this is something most indie game devs face, and that the best way to deal with it, is to make a truly amazing game that excels in all aspects.

You're begging for money and this is the best you have? Games take a massive amount of effort, and if you can't even take time to spell-check your proposal, that's a bad, bad sign.

1/10, would not Kickstart

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Well, we quit our jobs to dedicate all our time & attention to this project, but we can't continue without your support!"

~1:46

Well, you are idiots on a fool's errand. Your game in its current state looks homebrew-quality, it does show that it's been made by two people and quitting your jobs was a little optimistic. Why would you do that when you have no financial backing, do you have no hindsight? I mean, good luck but come on, you need more perspective lads.

Now, of course I bid them good luck on their quest, although they would be better off if they kept their jobs.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
What kind of name is 'Project Sweat'? It's like they want me to be disgusted by it.
Otherwise, meh, doesn't look too good.

D

Deleted-188346

I feel bad for them. They're obviously passionate about wanting to make a game (I mean, they quit their jobs), but their proposal just doesn't cut it. At best, they should beg for their jobs back, and create this game in their spare time for the mobile market or something. Either that, or think of a much better idea.

Also, sheesh, if you're going to market to an English speaking audience, make sure you aren't making oodles of spelling errors.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think if they wanted to spur up interest they should have put something in the preview besides hitting rocks with a sword
Yeah...this, exactly.

Puppy_Washer: I don't want to rain on your parade, but...do we even know what jobs they had? They could be a basic programmer and a waiter in a fastfood restaurant for all we know. They certainly don't do anything in publicity, as their project really doesn't sound like much. So it's going to be "ninja gaiden & street fighter & <some other games> & many more" being the influence? Hmm...I don't think I want to know the result, as simplicity (elegance) gets kind of lost if you mash elements of different games together.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Puppy_Washer: I don't want to rain on your parade, but...do we even know what jobs they had? They could be a basic programmer and a waiter in a fastfood restaurant for all we know. They certainly don't do anything in publicity, as their project really doesn't sound like much. So it's going to be "ninja gaiden & street fighter & <some other games> & many more" being the influence? Hmm...I don't think I want to know the result, as simplicity (elegance) gets kind of lost if you mash elements of different games together.

Working as a waiter is better than not working at all when all you really have is a very basic graphics engine displaying a raster background, two sprites and a collision map along with some very basic menus (which use default fonts by the way).

The game lacks original flair or flourish as it is now, the video doesn't show any intricate underlying gameplay mechanics - the entire Kickstarter revolves around the hand-drawn sprites and background. Background, not backgrounds - I've seen the Kickstarter page, it has the brown-ish cave tileset slapped all over it.

It has a distinct aura of a tech demo around it and it really shows that there are only two people working on it - it's not something you drop your day job for, regardless of what "publicity" you want to achieve. Quitting their jobs was wreckless to say the least when their offering so far is at best an alpha build and a very basic one at that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night