Gaming cancel system update

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't,
just keep your wifi off or anyway once it'll be downloaded it will ask you if you want to update, just say 'No', but it will keep asking you from time to time.

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot cancel the update from downloading. However, it will ask you everytime you turn on if you want to update, but you can simply press B to refuse.

will a system format cancel it?? .. is there a flashcart that works with latest firmware anyway? if yes, then i have nothing to worry right?

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, formatting will not cancel the update either, and yes, some Flashcarts works with the latest firmware.

As long ad you update your flashcart BEFORE the 3DS ine the future, you're mostly safe.

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, formatting will not cancel the update either, and yes, some Flashcarts works with the latest firmware.

As long ad you update your flashcart BEFORE the 3DS ine the future, you're mostly safe.

what do you mean update flashcart before 3ds? planning to buy either R4i gold or ace3ds.. they both work with latest firmware right? is compatibility worse on latest firmware though? or it's the same?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They mean do this, in this order.

1 - Get a flash cart and update the flash cart.
2 - Update your 3DS.

If you update the 3DS before you update the flash cart, you're fucked.

even if the flash cart support the newest firmware??
If the flash cart hasn't been updated, then it doesn't support the newest firmware.

The firmware update is what makes the flash cart able to work on later firmwares. This is why you update the flash cart FIRST.

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok will update the flashcard first thx guys! .. going to get the r4i gold... can someone lead me to a thread with a compatibility list comparison with other flashcards?

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility list for what, games?

Flash carts that have updates support 99%+ of games at any given time. Usually if one flas hcart doesn't support a new game it's only a matter of days or weeks before an update to fix it is out.

yup for games... ok cool :) will go for the r4i gold then as it supports the latest firmware... thx

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Compatibility list for what, games?

Flash carts that have updates support 99%+ of games at any given time. Usually if one flas hcart doesn't support a new game it's only a matter of days or weeks before an update to fix it is out.

The only time I have ever really had compatibility issues is with the CycloDS in game menu/save states. Ever since switching to my DSTwo even save state issues have been rare (though the slowdown option does not work with Tetris).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.