Hacking Can you use AR cards/change Mii's in Gateway mode?

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob here (but get all my info from the site - great work guys!)

Anyway, I have a Gateway, and while in Gateway mode I tried to change a Mii and the system crashed (error, switch off console etc etc). Is this normal? The games are running fine but when you're in gateway mode can you not use any other apps or is there something wrong with my card?

One other thing, I got my Gateway from nds-card and neither the blue or red ones have spring loaded micro sd slots. In the GBATemp review of Gateway it made a point of saying that the red card was spring loaded for its micro SD cards. Just wondering if they've changed manufacturing since the review or there's something wrong with mine? As I say, so far though it's worked perfectly (apart from crashing the time I tried to change a Mii). All the games I've tried have worked fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

rr

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Programs that make use of the SD card may not boot or work while in Gateway mode:

Mii Plaza and Noteswap won't boot but still are able to get spotpass info.

Nintendo Video can get spotpass info as well and also is possible to watch the videos while in Gateway mode.

Gateway mode has little to do with your physical Gateway flashcart, after all it's a firmware that can be downloaded from their site and installed via any DSi flashcart.

So, recapping: Exit GW modo if you are planning to change your Mii, etc.

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Programs that make use of the SD card may not boot or work while in Gateway mode:

Mii Plaza and Noteswap won't boot but still are able to get spotpass info.

Nintendo Video can get spotpass info as well and also is possible to watch the videos while in Gateway mode.

Gateway mode has little to do with your physical Gateway flashcart, after all it's a firmware that can be downloaded from their site and installed via any DSi flashcart.

So, recapping: Exit GW modo if you are planning to change your Mii, etc.

Ahh, I see. Thanks a lot for replying!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated