Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No games even require 6.0.0 yet so there's no need to update
You didn't even answer the question

If you're eShop / online ban yes you can
But if you're cert banned you can't update online at all

There is a tool call chudor or something like that that you can use to update the system by copying the update files to the sdcard. That would be your only option if you're cert banned

Aerogems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there’s a few rumors floating around that version 6.0 is in the pipeline question is can you update if switch is banned

Once a game comes out with the 6.0 firmware on the cart, you can use that to update. Or when someone uploads a copy to a site like Xbins, you can use choidujournx to install it. So you can still update, you may just have to wait a little longer than those who aren't banned.

Nicola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Yeah but can you get banned if you update through ChoiDujourNX without burning fuses and then go online?

Kevin Beam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about updating games? When I check for updates for games I get a notice saying cannot connect to server. Yes my console is banned but I do have internet connection.

Aerogems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but can you get banned if you update through ChoiDujourNX without burning fuses and then go online?

I would say it is highly unlikely Nintendo is checking fuse counts when you connect to their online service, but I also have absolutely nothing solid to base that on. If you're worried about it, don't do it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about updating games? When I check for updates for games I get a notice saying cannot connect to server. Yes my console is banned but I do have internet connection.
Download the updates in NSP format from your source of choice (Google usually gets the job done for the determined yet smart) then install them using your title installer of choice (e.g. Tinfoil, Rommenu, DevMenu). Its how everyone has been updating their games offline.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the updates in NSP format from your source of choice (Google usually gets the job done for the determined yet smart) then install them using your title installer of choice (e.g. Tinfoil, Rommenu, DevMenu). Its how everyone has been updating their games offline.

Are you confirming that the updates for games are out there? I haven't checked, but I've recently been banned and haven't updated my games in a month or so

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you confirming that the updates for games are out there? I haven't checked, but I've recently been banned and haven't updated my games in a month or so
They are indeed out there, I myself updated Mariokart8 Deluxe with its respective update NSPs. Of course remember these files are not supposed to exist so of course tracking can them down is meant to be difficult.

On a side note, since you are banned, would you kindly submit a ban report here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

FeitX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already been elevated to the superbanned state. Can I make it any worse if I update through ChoiDujourNX?

Zakie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay I know that this is an old thread but... my system is not allowing me to update so if I use this will it allow me to update my system? (I need to in order to download a DLC because it's saying I require a higher firmware... also I updated my atmosphere)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't there a firmware patcher for games? I think it's in nca builder. I seem to recall it asking that question when creating an nsp/xci.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I know that this is an old thread but... my system is not allowing me to update so if I use this will it allow me to update my system? (I need to in order to download a DLC because it's saying I require a higher firmware... also I updated my atmosphere)

Can't update via ChoidujourNX?

Reactions: Zakie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China